318 tunnel ram street friendly?

-
inkjunkie not saying you are wrong ,but a very good friend of mine has a 383 chevy with a tunnelram and dual 500cfm edelbrocks on it and it uses alot less fuel compared to what a 750proform dublepumper did ontop of both an airgap and a torquer manifold, however this is on a motor that is built and can handle the tunnelram, just saying there is alot of bad talk about tunnelrams from people who never got there tunnelram engines setup real sharp
your friends motor was no doubt built with the tunnel ram in mind, correct? not a stock bottom end with a "built" cam? the couple that i have dealt with in the past were tuned by a drag racer that knew how to make them work and then ran real well. got nothing against a tunnel ram, but for someone who is on a budget it is not a good idea.....

that is correct i used to have a performer but i got an airgap for xmas i never got around to changing it

well i blew the motor in the DD so im in even more of a tighter budget no DD so all i can do now is fix the dart

in your posts is the gold dart yours and the other what you want it to look like?

nope the gray dart is my dads hes got a fully built 440 pushin 700 horse without nitrous =P~

you probably know him as mopar65 hes not on here alot

i also have a second question i have a junker dodge neon and it has some good electric fans that are in great condition could they work to cool the dart? instead of that big blade?

mind telling me how this is done? this will be my second project then these fans should keep her nice and cool

apparently the oil sensor was bad and it was burning oil and to think a week before my regular oil checkup =/

the oil sensor didnt light up to say it was low on oil and i guess it burnt all the oil and burnt up 3 cylinders

i know but it was running fine last week and then the next day it would start knock like **** then die. i checked the oil and there was none. we sent it to the mechanic and he said all but one cylinder was ****. but the sensor said the oil was fine. i was only one week away from doing my every 2 months oil change

If you can't check your oil, you don't need a tunnel ram, hood scoop, electric fans from a neon (nothing at all wrong with the stock fan set up) or big fat tires.

I would suggest you get your feet wet with a good stock rebuild, maybe a nice little performance cam, conservative 4bbl, intake and maybe some headers.

Keep it simple. Grab some rallies and BFGs maybe a tail stripe.

Drive and enjoy.

You need to learn to walk before you can dance.

in fact bud i have had my car for 6 years now go it when i was 12. ive been aquiring parts since age 15. right now im just window shopping. and asking questions and gaining knowledge im asking if tunnel rams are street friendly not how to make a list and plan it out. and im not ''all over the place' as you say it. im just trying to be a rugular poster. if i have a question i rely on you guys to help me. not give me BS answers like form a plan. and how am i supposed to form a plan without knowing what parts to buy?

OK, I wasn't going to add to this, but, I had to deal with the dough-heads at O'Reilly's today, so maybe I'm a little testy and you fell into my crosshairs...

I'm going to agree with the rest that to build a good car you need a plan. I do remember what it was like to be young and dream about being a street hero. I also totally support you in your efforts to gain KNOWLEDGE and ask questions. BUT! Before you go getting all cocky and saying things like, "in fact bud" or acting like you're entitled because you've owned (?) your car since you were twelve, perhaps you can explain what you have been doing for the past six years to refine your skills? To say that you lost a beater because the IDIOT light didn't tell you the oil was low simply tells me you're not learning the basics. Maybe you should figure out what YOU want to be before you figure out what YOUR car should be? I for one am growing weary of posers and wanna be's. Learn the basics. Learn how things work. Be responsible. I don't wanna hear how you ended your life in a wall because you didn't know how to install a carb return spring on your awesome 318 or check the brake fluid on your new disc brake conversion......
That's the IN fact, bud.

you guys dont understand what im saying.................i check my oil once every month and change it once every two months..... im not here to get bashed when you cant read the simple message i type. all i want is knowledge and not smart *** answers but. I respect you guys to death for supplyoing me with all the knowledge i ahve right now and i thank you for the help but these im a dipstick comments arent really helping me any. just showing me that some of you guys are just as childish as the guys over on moparts. that is the reason i was searching for a new site. and i thought i found the right one but i guess i was wrong. i thought this site was more of a grownup site but i guess i was wrong. :angry7:

Mopardart, Checking your oil once a month is stretching it a little. I'm always checking oil and water levels almost every day. It only takes about 30 seconds and sure helps to prevent failure.

im sure it would, i guess your right. but dad always told me (mopar65) to check it at least once a month if your cars reliable and to change it every 2 months or 10,000 miles whichever comes first. and i thought my car was relaible. but i guess not

you guys dont understand what im saying.................i check my oil once every month and change it once every two months..... im not here to get bashed when you cant read the simple message i type. all i want is knowledge and not smart *** answers but. I respect you guys to death for supplyoing me with all the knowledge i ahve right now and i thank you for the help but these im a dipstick comments arent really helping me any. just showing me that some of you guys are just as childish as the guys over on moparts. i thought this site was more of a grownup site but i guess i was wrong. :angry7:

Really? OK, the dipstick remark was just poking fun. Not meant to harm anyone. Grow thicker skin and don't get butt hurt. If you get ribbed because you messed up, take it like a man. My friends still hammer me about the mistakes I've made. It's all in fun.

If you're expecting an apology for the second part, it ain't gonna happen. Reread what I wrote. It's a simple message. LEARN THE BASICS. You have an oil loss problem and only check your level once a month? You expect a pressure switch to tell you when it's low? Really? Did I misread that?
I see that you have another thread started about your misfortune, but you aren't taking responsibility for the problem. Now THAT'S grownup.

you guess he is right? pretty obvious he is, if you had checked the oil even weekly, you would not be in the jam you just put yourself in...just re-read your post, it kind of sounds like you are trying to blame your dad for this because he told you to just check it once a month if the car is relaible..or whatever he said...

not asking for an apology only support in my mopar build. i dont even know you personally so i wouldnt think an apology is in order. and for the loss of oil. no smoke was comign out the exhaust. nothing i couldnt tell i was losing oil in the first place

not asking for an apology only support in my mopar build. i dont even know you personally so i wouldnt think an apology is in order. and for the loss of oil. no smoke was comign out the exhaust. nothing i couldnt tell i was losing oil in the first place
just because it does not smoke does not mean it is not burning oil.....

-
Back