340/360/318 motor mount bracket help!!!

-

DARTBOY340

Reaction score
i have a 69 dart 340, putting in 360, the motor muont brackets from the 340are not working on the 360. the motor mount on the passenger side is off in the k-frame. i tried a mount from a 318, it is the same as the 340. what am i missing here? these are sandwich mounts not spool mounts.

Your missing something because it should be a direct bolt in.

Love the punisher logo on the car. That is cooooool.

i know!!!! i'm going to take a break and have a smoke and think this over... i thought today was going to be a breeze :( maybe my trans is twisted....

Is the tranny bolted to the car?

OH no. Unbolt the trans from the car with the cross member attached. I find after I get the engine in, with tranny attached, it is easuest to wiggle the tail of the tranny and wiggle the crossmember up to the car body and get it bolted in.

Come back after the smoke, that is a good idea, walk away and give the brain/body a rest.
Smart, very smart!

The 360 does take a different bracket on one side (I don`t remember which one) but you can usually modify the 318/340 bracket to work by adding another strap to the bracket. It sounds like you`ve got it worked out anyway but just in case, this might be some info that you or someone else could use.

340/360 use the same bracket on both side...it is the 318 that is different on the drivers side.

-
Back