340 adjustable LOCKING rocker arm kit

-
PRW has the locknuts as well. Sorry to read of the bs
Mike, I've got those on backorder from Mancini's for weeks. Originally we wanted the adjustable rockers with those locking adjusters and they didn't have them either. Thanks for all the good info

The lifters are Engine Pro HT-2011B for a stock 340, don't know why the shims were used and rockers, shims, adjusters came from Mancini. CompCam push rods 7821-16 7.389"x5/16". Also, the first two rockers a flopping around and I noticed, where i'm pointing, there is a small gap allowing those two rockers to slide left to right.

View attachment 1715954582

View attachment 1715954583

View attachment 1715954584

View attachment 1715954585
In the last picture is that first valve retainer rubbing that rocker arm?

Well I thought you were being help but evidently somebody thought you weren't and eliminated all of the postings. What's the sense of helping somebody if they're just going to be deleted kiss my butt whoever did that.

Having said that I think that toolmanmike made things right so he doesn't need to kiss my butt. LOL

asskiss.gif

That, I don't know....engine builder is supposed to be here tomorrow. My whole world is shut down because Crane supplies Mancini with the locking nuts.
Well that ain't good. Crane doesn't make the whole kit anymore. I got the last Crane small block adjuster kit Summit had a year or so ago for my slant 6 build. They've not had any since. I called them and sure enough, Crane's not making them, because Crane's not makin anything anymore since they are no more. S&S Cycles bought them out and I guess it didn't work out, so Crane is officially gone.

Well that ain't good. Crane doesn't make the whole kit anymore. I got the last Crane small block adjuster kit Summit had a year or so ago for my slant 6 build. They've not had any since. I called them and sure enough, Crane's not making them, because Crane's not makin anything anymore since they are no more. S&S Cycles bought them out and I guess it didn't work out, so Crane is officially gone.
i can't help but think any good quality nut will work ;)

i can't help but think any good quality nut will work ;)
I have no doubt. I read where Comp has acquired most of Crane's assets, so maybe they will do something soon. Who knows?

Cranes doors have been closed since Jan. 21

At the time they “turned off the lights”, they were in the same building that Lunati was in.

That building is now the Edelbrock distribution center, and I believe the Comp and Lunati offices are now there as well.

Technically you do not need those adjusters with the Locking nuts. A very simple solution is to tap the access hole on this side of the rocker arm that the factory used to drill the oil Passage. You tap that and then you go to the hardware store and you get some small I believe their number eight set screws. You then adjust your valves using the current adjusters that you have and once you have them set you tighten down the lock screw against the adjuster. You have just locked the adjusting screw from backing off.

Technically you do not need those adjusters with the Locking nuts. A very simple solution is to tap the access hole on this side of the rocker arm that the factory used to drill the oil Passage. You tap that and then you go to the hardware store and you get some small I believe their number eight set screws. You then adjust your valves using the current adjusters that you have and once you have them set you tighten down the lock screw against the adjuster. You have just locked the adjusting screw from backing off.
Are you talking about the hole I have a white arrow pointing at?

Rocker set screw hole.jpg

Yes that is the access hole that the manufacturer use in order to drill through to the center of the rocker arm to oil the pushrod. If you look at the W2 rocker arms you will see from the factory that those are welded shut because all they do is let oil exscape.

upload_2022-7-13_10-31-19.png

Last edited:
I’m wondering why the bent pushrod is being blamed on the adjuster screw??

Or did I miss something?

Yes that is the access hole that the manufacturer use in order to drill through to the center of the rocker arm to oil the pushrod. If you look at the W2 rocker arms you will see from the factory that those are welded shut because all they do is let oil exscape.
Does it keep the cup and ball oiled?

Or did I miss something?
Personally I think the rocker arm hit the valve spring retainer and jammed that push rod into the lifter and it had no place to go other than bend it.
Just my personal opinion which I highly value.

w2 rock.jpg
Does it keep the cup and ball oiled?
That hole was just for access for the drill to get to the center of the rocker arm shaft in order to let oil flow into push rod.
That hole needs to be plugged anyway because it just lets oil exscape that would be used to lubricate the cup and the pushrod and the ball on the end of the adjuster.

Last edited:
Smith Brothers, American made.I wouldn’t
trust offshore.

Or did I miss something?
Right. Nine times outta ten its piston to valve interference.

But only on one piston? Also, those are the only two rockers that are flopping around??
Maybe if the adjuster backed off and the pushrod got hung up sideways. That could do it.

-
Back