340 and 360o externally balanced

-
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if both 340 and 360 externally balnced torque convertors are the same. I have a chance to buy one. Im new too the small block stuff, just sold the 69 charger and am working on my sons 74 duster that we will put a 360 in.

The converters are the same but the welded on balance weights are different. But it is an easy fix. Knock (cut) the old weights off and weld on new ones from MP (least expensive way) or buy the correct flex plate from B&M.

Thanks for the info, my charger had a big block so this is new to me. Im already well into this adventure with my son and his duster. I have a LD 340, Doug Thorley headers, 650 holley double pumper all waiting to be put on. I also obtained a dual snorkel for it. We will be building a stout 360 and dumping the 318. Already have an a body 8 3/4 with 3:91 and a sure grip that I robbed from a 72 demon that I bougth intending to make a race car,that just needs 4 1/2" bolt pattern axles. As for the pics give me aobut 3 weeks, I am at sea right now ( driller on a drill ship) and will have them up as soon as I get in. The need to see my son drag race is just as bad as when it happend to myself. He is 17 and has a duster and wants to drag race, what more could you ask for.

-
Back