340 Block Bored to 4.160????? Help

-
As far as I know;The head gaskets only fit one way, unless you either pull the line-up pins or make new holes.
Oh Yeah, BB's are flip-able, SB's heads are double dowel hole drilled, the holes on the block are offset.............nevermind!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Not so;

X blocks are NOT limited to standard production block limitations.

Current-ish, are they even around anymore?!?!?!
LOL! NOT! But the following race block part numbers;

p4876381/789/671/791/673/793 are 4.220 blocks.

All are 48* blocks except the '791/793. There 59*
The 789 is a 48* aluminum block.

So, what block does our OP have? He stated a 4.160 bore all ready.

The x block is still around. I found a brand new unmachined one in the classified on this forum last year.

The x block is still around. I found a brand new unmachined one in the classified on this forum last year.
Brand new unnused? Not likely. But posssible. People purchase stuff and never get to use it. At the cost of the DANM block, I'd be using it right quick for sure!

Brand new unnused? Not likely. But posssible. People purchase stuff and never get to use it. At the cost of the DANM block, I'd be using it right quick for sure!

That's how I got my W-2 heads and intake... They were back up for a race team that never needed them... The boxes say "engine #4"...

Pure virgin parts that were never assembled in the original boxes...

Fortunately, they never blew up enough engines to get to need engine #4....

The X block I now use I bought about 2 years ago, brand new, in the box with the paperwork. He made me promise I wouldn't flip it for a profit. He sold it to me for $800.00 cash.

They are out there...you just have to look.

The X block I now use I bought about 2 years ago, brand new, in the box with the paperwork. He made me promise I wouldn't flip it for a profit. He sold it to me for $800.00 cash.

They are out there...you just have to look.
Score!

Not brand new as in I just bought it from Chrysler, but new as in no one ever used the block. It was still at the 3.900 bores that they came new with. Yes it probably sat around for 35 years.
I was all over it when I saw the listing.

You would also need to run a Fel-Pro 1008 gasket w/a 4.180 bore if indeed that is the bore.............dumb question, but You didn't install the head gaskets reversed &
block the cooling passages did You ?...........................
Look at the siamese bores you would need to get a true 4.160 bore , with the sleeve walls OD probably needing to be milled flat so they fit together....if this 4.180 pic is to scale....
375-1008.jpg

The OP, claims to have "tossed in " a set of X heads, and "tossed in" a 3 core rad, I figure he or she is making soup... :)

Looks like a fly by post by someone asking for help, but not following up. Typical

Thanks for the race. Lock hope comments fellas. I'll start saving money again for there could be hope.

-
Back