340 Block Color?

-

va-mopar

Reaction score
I have pulled the engine from my 73 340 Matching #'s Duster to clean it up and put headers on and 8) I Want to re-paint the block the factory color, Anybody out there know?... Thanks..

Adam,

Can you confirm the same question for a 1969 Barracuda Formula S with the 340 ci engine? Based on the Mopar Performance engine book the color mentioned is Red. However I have seen many pictures of 69 Darts and Barracudas that have their 340's painted Blue.

Thanks

Rocket said:
Adam,

Can you confirm the same question for a 1969 Barracuda Formula S with the 340 ci engine? Based on the Mopar Performance engine book the color mentioned is Red. However I have seen many pictures of 69 Darts and Barracudas that have their 340's painted Blue.

Thanks

9 always stirs up a stink on Moparts. Some say Hemi Orange, some say blue. If red was used it would only be on early cars. It was used on 68. I think the turquoise is the correct color.

My '72 340 sitting on a stand in my garage was blue from the factory, my friend i bought it from painted it orange (more prominant of the performance years). I have the paint and it's going back to it's origanal blue. My '68 formula S has it's #'s matching 69k origanal engine and it's red. I'm not sure about '69 but inbetween those years were orange.
Adam
'99 Ram 1500
'99 "PLYMOUTH" Neon
'68 Formula S 340
'56 Coronet
'72 340 without a home
1 unhappy wife because all my stuff (LOL)

Rocket said:
Adam,

Thanks
i have owned two virgin 69 virgin darts one with the 4-speed was red, the one with auto was mopar blue. i don't know if the trans made any diff

It gets more confusing. On 69 340's, apparently some early engines were left over 68's(red).Proper 69 colour was blue. Some late cars received engines for 70's(orange). Not sure if this is accurate,you know how rumors start...
My 69 was built on Jan 30th 69, it is blue.

-
Back