340 Four Pack

-

blewbyoutobad

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I couldn't resist when I bought this single four barrel reproduction air cleaner at Columbus in 2011. I think this is a hemi top cover. It's all fiberglass, so the purists can relax. Using this on my 69 Dart Swinger Restomod. I painted it the color of the car. What's your thoughts. Don't worry I have thick skin. You all vote if I should use this.

Attachments

• photo (1)-001.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 331
I think it would look better on mine :D all kidding aside It looks great!

Check your hood clearance before closing

I had a real steel oval air cleaner that probably came off a 383 car with fresh air

It was on a challenger I had when I got it. Sold the challenger and always planned on using the air cleaner

When I built the dart it was to go on it, but with a 340 and air gap intake, it didn't have the clearance needed without cutting a hole in the hood

So sold it for 250 and got a Mopar Performance aluminum but even that had to get a shorter filter

OH, YEAH DEFINATELY USE IT

How many people are going to say "I had that option on my 340 years ago..." and be serious...?

I would have gone for 3+1 pack or 2^2 pack, m'self.

Funny, I know a guy who swore he had a 69 Challenger. Bet me a steak dinner. I never had the heart to collect, so yes people will claim the car they owned 35 years ago had one of these. Here's the hood for the car.

Attachments

• 68 SS Dart Hood.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 299
  • 68 SS Hood 2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 290
I think it looks like crap better send it to me and I will dispose it for you. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will even cover shipping cause I am such a nice guy. :blob::blob:

Gonna look outstanding on your Dart!
I love messing with peoples heads at car shows when they think they know it all. I've also got something "original" but different for my '69 Dart when it's finished - can't wait for the "my friend had one just like it" comments.

Expect to have motor finished by early Jan. I'll post pics. Thanks for all the comments. I can have more made if anyone's interested.

-
Back