340 Intake Manifold choice

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
I am trying to decide which intake to choose for my 340. I have an M1 dual plane but don't know if I should use it. What would be a good intake? Edelbrock RPM, M1 single plane....

Car is for pleasure, only on weekends, drag strip a couple times of year.

I just want to point and shoot.

1970 340
.040 over
2.02/1.60 J heads
KB 10:5.1 comp
Holley 770cfm Street Avenger Carb
Lift: .477''/.480''
Duration: 268°/280°
RPM Range: 1600-6000
forged crank/rods
TTI headers
8-3/4 3.91 sure grip

I know you guys can help. I have used your suggestions in this buildup.

Thanks,
Doug

if its mostly street,id use a factory 340 intake,dual plane m1,or performer rpm.Actually the newer iron 340 intake from 71 and newer is a real good performing intake,but ive never tried an older model,square bore one yet.

I have a single plane on mine, and with 3.91's, it works awesome. My car is a four speed, so that makes a bit of difference, but these motors love to rev, so your auto should work with it great. Are you raising your stall speed too?

I have a single plane on mine, and with 3.91's, it works awesome. My car is a four speed, so that makes a bit of difference, but these motors love to rev, so your auto should work with it great. Are you raising your stall speed too?
I was thinking a 2200 stall

I have an Edelbrock Air Gap on my 340 which is similar to yours and it works out great. Much better than the single plain Torker that was on it before.

If it's mostly a street cruiser a dual plane is your best choice especially with a low stall verter like a 2200. Most single planes don't pull very well below 3000. The Edelbrock RPM and RPM Air-Gap are about the best on the market right now although some of the older ones did work good also.

I can also attest to the performance of an air-Gap to an old Torker. I had both on my 360 and it's like night and day.

The stock intakes do work well but I would not use them due to their excessive weight. The Edelbrock RPM intakes would work the best with an LD340 being the next best. I definately would not go single plane with that set up.

Edelbrock RPM Air Gap it is. Therefore I have a Mopar M1 for sale. Never used. $125 plus shipping from 90504 area code.

Why don't you use the M1 as it is a duel plane - correct - and not the single plane.

There have been several intakes that perform well on the street/strip since the LD340 that produce more power. Anyone have an LD340 for sale? I'm not looking for state of the art. I want a 70's Dart.

-
Back