Not open for further replies.

oldpunko77

72 Dusta
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for decent crank for 1970 340 motor 4 speed pilot bushing type , my motor crank just recent spunned. Part number should last 3 number is 457 thank you.

Last edited:
I have a 68 steel crank. Unless you are dead set on a 70. I didn’t think they made a lot of forged cranks in the 70s unless it was a six pack T/A car. Mine is in great shape for years I ran it no problems just going to a stroker crank.

My understanding from 67 to 72 all the same as long as part number show 457.
I am looking at the crank right now. Where is the part number?

91C0C41C-406C-442F-AC2D-AB3862203E62.jpeg

I had it in an automatic, but I believe the car it came out of was a 4-speed barracuda

image.jpg

Good question as long steel crank though in my book say 68 to 72 340 heavy duty all the same.

Outside front journal show wide mark means forge steel crank. i am sure you know of course what measurement on your crank?

Good question as long steel crank though in my book say 68 to 72 340 heavy duty all the same.
It’s definitely a stock forged crank. You can see the forging marks on it vs. a cast crank. It came out of a 68 block I have on the engine stand right now if you want those casting numbers.

If you want it PM me an offer. I was going to save the rotating assembly for something down the road but as hard as it is to find a good 340 block I doubt I will ever use it. I even have a crank box to ship it in. Just let me know.

It’s all at my dads machine shop. I can have it mic’d To confirm it, but i know it’s never been turned.

Okay I apperiated very much and how you want for it? I am sure it need good clean done by professional machinist.

I am not too picky but as long steel crank and zero balance so I can replace my old crank it in the motor currently just spunned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back