340 stroker kit??????

-

LA Dart

Reaction score
Who makes a good 340 STROKER KIT??? Hughes engines make a good one for a fair price . I have a 70 340 block and looking to make a 416 out of it.

I've used Mancini, and Campbell Enterprises, plus bought various sourced parts. Kits are not always the best way to get parts, but it depends on what you want out of it. I would not buy a balanced kit... and assume the parts will need to be checked by you machinist prior to installation.

Im running the indy kit. i got it with the forged crank and eagle H beam rods and wiesco 12-1 pistons. had it all balanced myself.

Have a good local shop balance it. Usually the "balanced" kits are way off and have to be redone if you want it right. Member ou812 sells stroker kits, send him a PM he will hook you up. And like Moper said you will want a good local shop to go over the kit and check all the tolerances.

Sweet .. let me know how it go's. and and or a vid of it running... nice price also..

I have the Eagle kit,4 inch crank(builder re-balanced.),H-beams,Eddy Rpm,s P&P,.631 lift solid roller cam,M1 intake/AED 850 HO carb/1 7/8 fenderwells.This is in my 66 Dart with a 8 inch Coan 4500 stall.Right now I have 3.91,s,but will be stepping up to a 4.56 spool once the money flows again.:-DShould be in the 10,s also?:cheers:

-
Back