340 w/ 650 double pumper ?

-
My 340 does have the 4 speed formula S cam LD-340 intake and will have the 3:91 gears.
So you think the 650dp will add a little to this motor ? I need to get the chrysler electronic ignition for it too some day .

I've had a 700 DP and a 650 DP on my low compression 340, with edelbrock air gap, super sucker 4 hole spacer, headers, unknown aftermarket cam, electronic ignition, Automatic transmission.
The 700DP pulled a bit harder on the top end, but the 650 was a little more friendly on the gas. Both of them had no problem idling and cruising around town. Never had any flooding problems.

I'd use the 650 and call it good. I wouldnt worry about getting chrysler electronic conversion though. I had to rebuild mine right from new because the reluctor was out of round so I couldn't set the air gap properly in the pick up. Id look into a pertonix conversion or any one of the ready to run drop in set ups over a MP piece.
Paul

Just came across my old thread , still not sure if I should run the DP, any more thoughts ? That old Thermoquad sure ran well !

Then stick with it. Learn to build and adjust it. If it runs so well certainly it's worth fiddlin with and even building every now and then if you need to. They can be tempramental but they will haul *** when tuned right. I'm gonna run one on my slant six.

-
Back