340ci AFB Carb: Approx Value ? Its Big, Its Rare

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

high.rev.trev

Reaction score
NO, its NOT an AVS or THERMOQUAD (B4 A Troll/Flamer thought they'd air knowledge, got in 1st )...
I have no idea of approx true value except had a new Quality kit put in it & setup correctly.
Thanks for your time (& sensible) input.
Got an AMX 390 AFB too, been wondering 'bout that ? (Throttle blades aren't as big)
Come on tyre-kickers: the Redlines are tired of dog pee :p

IMG_20190326_225654.jpg

Yes but some are nice and shiny and others are corroded and rusted beyond repair, or repairable at a much higher price than just putting in a kit

Yes but some are nice and shiny and others are corroded and rusted beyond repair, or repairable at a much higher price than just putting in a kit
Mmmm, your starting to talk like a dealer & how many year model 340 AFB's were there ? & where & how many after 45+ years are going to be " nice & shiney " there's more 'fishing' than honest info forthcoming so far...

PS: Thanx for the X DISAGREE MATTAX , Showing ignorance, NB anonymously, when I know I'm right, more ways than ONE , & just ask an honest, innocent approx value Qstn to a GENUINE ITEM THAT DOES EXIST; Don't like it ? Take it & the Jaded monster elsewhere IF no positive input & cry in your Beer (I've Earned my Stripes) probably a 386 with Win95 too.

Last edited:
Chrysler never used a AFB on a 340, Did they? I don't think so!
Ha ! Yes they Did ! That's why I said the Carb was Rare & wondered how long the "fishing Expeditions" would start ( not directed to you ) It helps to grow up around engineers in a Chrysler background.
Yes I'm/It's genuine (But I didn't just come up the river yesterday: had a big $100K+ Burglary/Robbery here & I don't want to post TOO much leading/traceable Intel )
Cheers for interest.
& BEFORE a wiseguy Flamer suggests it: Yes I CAN prove it (2 fold)

rps20190226_215714.jpg

Mmmm, your starting to talk like a dealer & how many year model 340 AFB's were there ? & where & how many after 45+ years are going to be " nice & shiney " there's more 'fishing' than honest info forthcoming so far...
X ?? WHY would you leave an anonymous 'DISAGREE' Hmmm ?? MATTAX - Without explaining yourself ?? Everything I wrote/stated is spot-on & I don't retract, but WHAT don't you agree with ?? Apart from possibly NOT knowing about the OEM 340 AFB ?? Pray tell...?
I just asked a simple qstn thread of its approx value, but experience had me thinking I just might be opening myself up a Can of (potentially ugly) Worms, tossed in my direction ...(IF I got $10 for every time I've been right...) ...Didn't take long.

no year, no trans, no carb number- $1,800 sounds low, does that include insurance and freight?

they are all big and super ******* rare. I would start the bidding at 1800 dollars
Your Bloody Joking ! - Truely ??! & these Fc*king Burglars basically kicked it out of the way ( along with the AMC AMX 390 AFB ) ...
THAT'LL explain the Speed shop After its Owner friend I knew Died Racing his boat, Claimed it " Had gone missing..." While briefly left with them ( Until a 1/2 Ton Blocking their driveway gate at Closing time, With a Gas AXE running Convinced the Smart-Asses otherwise .. & Rapidly)
Jeez truely ??... But I kinda suspected a while back when another shop owner fizzed at the butt, but I didn't really pay notice at time - I just told em: its just an AFB !?.

Scheming try-out artists.
Thanks.
The buggas got a new elect 1406 Edelbrock & box though & my Vette Carbs (sods) ' Wiring up an Electric fence. Cheers.

Sigh...
(& I could be putting $200+ an hour back in my own pocket, doing other stuff, than helping others etc, like running a Radio Station ...)

Should've known better... :-(

rps20190312_014027.jpg

Without a picture and a number we/you don't have a clue. 340's never had a AFB. Dana is right. 68-70 had AVS's and 71-74 had Thermoquads. The only Holleys on 340's were the 6 Pack carbs.

Without a picture and a number we/you don't have a clue. 340's never had a AFB. Dana is right. 68-70 had AVS's and 71-74 had Thermoquads. The only Holleys on 340's were the 6 Pack carbs.
Sorry Toolman, for once I'll disagree with you: it IS off a Factory 340ci - Sorry I can't argue with fact & when I can get to it I can give a Carb # started I think with 4 ? forget right now & of course ended in "S"...
There's even something you don't/didn't know & the old adage ' never too old to learn' is apt.(& IF I disclose what/where/how it/340 it came off of, there goes my honey hole) given plagiarists etc on the net & Police advise re the internet involved burglarly, Seeing its not currently for sale, I'll pause pondering how much info to display ( I also lost a Pair of MINT irreplaceable reclining musclecar front buckets with rails that are unobtainable now, worth over $2,500 minimum for a junker set, that I thought no one would've even noticed), so once bitten twice shy, if this AFB is talking serious Coin.
Thanks for your input (again)
Trev

Last edited:
What the hell is going on here?
Hi rev trev likes to rudely flame (and pre flame) people for disagreeing.
He stands firm that he is right, which is a probable thing since he is in NZ. What was done here in the states doesn’t mean it was also done in other countries.
We see this in some cars from Canada and Mexico.
So, Trev could very well be 100% accurate. Unless you have documents to argue or another NZ’er to say Trev don’t know what he is talking about, then consider Trev right on the carb.

they are all big and super ******* rare. I would start the bidding at 1800 dollars
I’ll go 2K - NZ if the seller includes shipping, boxing, safety padding & insurance.
:rofl:

1) move soap box direct middle
2) stand on salt box
3) make statements that are open ended
4) step off soap box and make pop corn
5) eat pop corn and watch while every one try to figure out what the heck is going on.

What the hell is going on here?
Well, to tell me...apart from the apparent increasing surfacing of some green-eyed monsters, nothing nefarious on MY part, but didn't realise if you scratched the wrong surface here starting an innocent thread asking an what's thought prior ave qstn, what bottom feeders would rise to the surface.
Think I'll go help out & talk to the Ford guys - at least you can hear them coming.
Fool was me for having a Racer factory owner Dad, grown up around Engineers, Technicians , manufacturing volant a & import agents etc & collecting hi fi parts & stuff & learning hands on & from a vaste library, before the net was even dreamed of.
See ya, you've all turned me off & I've got work to do & entities to run.

No wonder Peter at Speedmaster , oh sorry Pro-comp & his products get Flamed so much.
Trots off & digs up an old 27MHZ C.B.
:-/

Well, to tell me...apart from the apparent increasing surfacing of some green-eyed monsters, nothing nefarious on MY part, but didn't realise if you scratched the wrong surface here starting an innocent thread asking an what's thought prior ave qstn, what bottom feeders would rise to the surface.
Think I'll go help out & talk to the Ford guys - at least you can hear them coming.
Fool was me for having a Racer factory owner Dad, grown up around Engineers, Technicians , manufacturing volant a & import agents etc & collecting hi fi parts & stuff & learning hands on & from a vaste library, before the net was even dreamed of.
See ya, you've all turned me off & I've got work to do & entities to run.

No wonder Peter at Speedmaster , oh sorry Pro-comp & his products get Flamed so much.
Trots off & digs up an old 27MHZ C.B.
:-/
Well Trev, You started the thread by asking how much it's worth and so far none of us really know what you are talking about. We are pretty analytical here. For example, you have a RXXXX Carter carb and want to know how much it's worth. We get busy and look in our books, manuals, and the internet to see what, when and where it came from. Then we can have an opinion of what it's worth. So far all you have been doing is blowing smoke up our rears as to what it is. It doesn't sound like you really want your question answered but you just want to brag and spread some b/s. It looks like you are fishing for a unsuspecting buyer and not in a sale thread. I should just delete this thread because it doesn't follow our rules here.

I'll offer $5 But shipping must be included in that price. I'll start rolling my pennys. Do you take cash? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back