360 build recommendations please...

-
I think you should get into the 12's as long as you aren't trying to move a yacht.

That cam looks a bit like the Comp HL or Lunati Voodoo series style grinds.

With decent head flow and that's a 400 hp combo at the crank, IMHO.

Adam, the head as choked off at about 215cfm. Put some heads that flow in the 235-240 range and it would likely be in the high 3's, 380-395 is my guess.

It's really a basic build and will have a 2500 stall, 904 and 3.23's with a short tire. We're guessing, hooking up and tuned right it should run really low 13's in the 104 range.

Its similar to the 360 I picked up with the Dart. Mines a 360 (72 block re manufactured by Mopar in 92) with an XE268, 302 casting heads with 1.88, 1.60 valves and a quick porting Job. It has a old Torker on it I may change at sme point to either a LD340 or RPM, and a 670 street avanger.

It should make great torque.

danmc77, on the posted below, I'd like to add a comment or 2.

I think you should get into the 12's as long as you aren't trying to move a yacht.
Agreed, a good suspension set up will do wonders. Get off the line quickly!

With decent head flow and that's a 400 hp combo at the crank, IMHO.

Agreed. Edelbrock used that cam as part of there RPM matched package. (Heads, intake, carb, cam) On a 340, they came up with 417 HP. The 360 may not top out just quite as high, but it also should have no problem going over 400 HP.

That cam looks a bit like the Comp HL or Lunati Voodoo series style grinds.
The wide spread in duration degrees reminds me of a Crane along with the ingeneral low lift. I'd like to try that cam with 1.6 rockers and try to take advantage of the advertised flow rates of the Edelbrock head at the higher lifts while also adding intensity to the cam without changeing it's powerband.

Since you have the cam, I'd use it. The duration (advertised) is close to the XE274 comp cam. What it is @ .050 I don't know. Also part of the reason I'd like to try and run it with 1.6 rockers. Get them valves moving quickly!

The 234 intake duration is a very good amount for a street bound vehicle and enuff to get it moveing quickly, and very well.
I also don't think you'll "Need" to bump the compresion ratio. A little more won't hurt with the aluminum head. But it's also not a must.

If your heads are iron, there going to need a preety decent job to get up to par with Edelbrocks listed flow rates on there head.

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm really excited about this build - I'm going to have a lot of fun in this little car. I'll see what i can trim as far as weight goes. Right off the bat I've got a manual steering gear to eliminate the power accessories. Also no AC. Lightweight starter, intake, alluminium wheels, etc. Maybe I can shave some weight elsewhere.

remove sound deadener from under the carpet.
Heater core?
spare tire
fiberglass hood, bumpers trunk...lexan windows?
remove dash for a racer type dash?

-
Back