360 cam choice

-

mopops

Reaction score
have 82 mirada low compession 360 89 truck roller cam motor car is auto, 370 rear gears,what cam would you pick to use?

.750 roller with additional lift through 1.7 rockers

have 82 mirada low compession 360 89 truck roller cam motor car is auto, 370 rear gears,what cam would you pick to use?
This is a highly loaded question with toooooo many good answer’s available that may or suite whatever idea you have your head.

What is the end goal of the engine?
Is swapping out the trans converter OK for a higher stall?
What size tire is coupled to the 3.70 gears.
(FWIW- I never hear of 3.70 gears for a MoPar.)
Answer this also…

Will the A/C be used
How heavy is the car?
Is mileage important?
Overdrive trans in use?

Almost any cam upgrade will need spring replacement. Hughes 1110 kit is a good choice for that. Cam wise I would contact Oregon Cam Grinding with your intended use and induction choice. Get a re-grind and reuse your lifters. May need to measure for pushrods.

I would rather be half fast that half assed!

With low compression & 3.70 gears, I’d yield cam duration to 228@050 and have it on a 108 LSA. Also a limit on valve lift. Keeping it simple …..

At least you didn't red light.
That’s when he starts a thread with ….

.750 solid roller… there’s your answer, so stop askin!

(Then add in a purely Southern if not exclusively Georgia’n saying.)

Staying with stock converter?
Probably a mild reground around 210-215, if looking a little more pep in you step 215-225 especially if a converter is on the shopping list, could even go more depending on your level of compromises. Good thing stock cam sucks (hp wise) don't take much cam to get sb level muscle car power of 300-350hp.

-
Back