Status
Not open for further replies.

MopaR&D

Nerd Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hey all I swapped a 360 in place of my 318 and the driver-side brace going from the block to the bellhousing is about an inch too short... Anyone got the longer one I need?

I'm also looking for the special clips that hold the sections of kickdown linkage together, not really sure where to find those.

I've got the driver side brace from a 72 340 if that works. It looks to be the same for the 360 and for a 273 block.

Ken
Edison, NJ

I'll certainly let you know. The total length end to end is 11 1/2".

Ken

The engine/transmission braces are different from 727 to 904 not from 273/318/340/360. You probably need it for a small block 727.

I need one for a 360/727 combo. I have several short ones with one long one measuring 11 1/8 inches and its to short. Guesing it needs to by another inch.

I found two of mine, I'll post pics beside a tape measure, as I'm not positive where everyone else is measuring and I don't want anyone getting the wrong parts. Also, I found a couple clips I'll throw in the pic also. I even have a whole 3pc kickdown to get rid of.

The engine/transmission braces are different from 727 to 904 not from 273/318/340/360. You probably need it for a small block 727.

This is not correct. There is no diff. in braces from 904 to 727. There is a difference in length of the braces used on the older blocks vs. newer ones (not exactly sure of the year change but it was around 74 or 75) because they moved the pad on the block where the drivers side brace bolts up. The pass. side braces are all the same length. I know all this because I just went through it. Took out a 79 360 and put in a 73 360 and the brace mounting point on the block was farther back so I had to get a new dr. side brace and the one I got was off a 318 with a 904 trans. and fit perfectly on my 73 360 and 727.

Mopekid I have an older shorter version I welded an extension to if you still need one. Your welcome to it, just pay the shipping which I'm sure will be less than $10. PM me if interested.

I will get some pics today, I forgot to get alot of pics of some parts. I have 3 of the brackets that I can find, I know I have more but I have to do some more searching. I'll set them beside some measuring tape so you can tell if they are the size you need. I think they, too, are the shorter ones, but I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back