360 forged stroker cranks

-

Guitar Jones

aka Angry Johnny
Reaction score
I know there's more out there than what I'm finding so please list any that you know of except Scat and Eagle for the 360. Ohio Crank is out of stock until late May, but don't let that price point stop you, if it's a good American made crank I'll bite. Maybe someone has a used one? I'm not afraid of that if it isn't hurt.

I have looked at that and like you said, they only list the 340 main. The Mancini spacers are near $400. so that would put the crank right at $2000. If I have to I have to but I'd rather spend the extra money on something else. I can buy a 450" short block from Indy for under $6000

I have a Mopar Performance cast crank thats in my 408 stroker....But it has only been dyno'd...no street use yet...at least for another year.....Arn't the MP cranks Scat cranks??

Anything made stateside for a Mopar, you are going to pay dearly for. OK.... How about the K1 cranks? I'm pretty sure they are imported but may be more in your price range.

http://campbellenterprises.com/mopa...roker-crank-5.9-forged-stroker-crankshaft.php

The price point isn't that important but I don't want to pay more than I should. If the $1800 crank is significantly better than the $800 crank, that's fine. I just don't want to pay $1500 for an $800 crank.

I have a Mopar Performance cast crank thats in my 408 stroker....But it has only been dyno'd...no street use yet...at least for another year.....Arn't the MP cranks Scat cranks??

I have an MP cast crank now and I'm getting a little leary of it. Trans brake, two step, 600+ horsepower, I'm not sure how much it will take. I'm quite sure the Eagle forged or cast will not stand up to this for long.

Pages: 1 Plymouth340

Reged: Feb 06 2006
Loc: iowa
book.gif
BPE Crankshafts
#5802387 - Sat Feb 13 2010 05:41 PM
edit.gif
Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Anyone had any experice with BPE Crankshafts or know anything about there quality?

Post Extras: WILD BILL
"Grandmaster B"

They are manufactured in the same facility as the K-1 cranks.

Exact same material, exact same tolerances, exact same equipment......cheaper price.

The first SB 4.125" stroke prototype seen here in a +.030" 360 block, now 421"

PM Rod (BPE) here on Moparts if you have any questions or you can call me @ 574-340-1966

Rod will be back in town this weekend.

5802884-DSCN1796.JPG

Post Extras: Chris2421
super gas

--------------------
Nautilus Racing

Post Extras: Dunnuck Racing
mopar addict

35517.gif

Reged: Mar 18 2007
Loc: On the porch
book.gif
Re: BPE Crankshafts [Re: Chris2421]
#5803144 - Sat Feb 13 2010 11:25 PM
edit.gif
A nice,quality piece aimed at the average guy's budget.You really can't get a better deal for the $$$.
Twocents.gif

--------------------
10.21 @ 131.12/1.43 60ft.

Vic Bloomer Cylinder Heads ported Edelbrocks
BPE 4.125 crankshaft
Flat tappet 421 c.i. small block Challenger @3070 lbs.

Post Extras: S/ST 3040
master

--------------------
4959035-Copyof05-113_jpg%2520Vic.jpg

Non-conformist

Post Extras: BPE

Reged: Oct 16 2008
Loc: SW Michigan
book.gif
Re: BPE Crankshafts [Re: Plymouth340]
#5804092 - Sun Feb 14 2010 02:53 PM
edit.gif
As already stated, they are the exact same piece as a K1 crank. The only difference is the logo. Some may not know that K1 cranks are not manufactured by K1 themselves. The BPE cranks are aimed at the average racers budget. This is the part of the reason that I sell direct to the end user (no additional mark-up) and not to distributors. You will not find another crank of this quality at this price. Long story short, same quality....BETTER PRICE
hammer.gif

--------------------
5403092-Logo_Ideaforweb.jpg

#5804335 - Sun Feb 14 2010 04:58 PM
edit.gif
Just got mine
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Good people to deal with also.

--------------------
66 Dart,10.054 so far

r

Currently we are only offering different varieties of SB stroker cranks. There are so many people catering to the big block market, I'm not sure there would be enough interest? Maybe I should be asking about the more popular options for the big block cranks. You can start by telling me what you're looking for.

Thanks,
Rod

--------------------
5403092-Logo_Ideaforweb.jpg

Post Extras: BPE

The price point isn't that important but I don't want to pay more than I should. If the $1800 crank is significantly better than the $800 crank, that's fine. I just don't want to pay $1500 for an $800 crank.

That's how I feel every time I look at an intake manifold, set of heads, etc. for a Mopar and see a similiar item for a GM for 40% less..... I understand the whole supply and demand thing but it sucks for the Mopar guys. I would think that the Callies crank would be a much, much better crank than anything else I've seen so far, but again, we have the main bearing sizing issue.

earthmover I want to thank you very much for that, after talking to Rod at BPE I feel very confident in his product. Price is extremely reasonable as well for a high quality crank that should fit my needs perfectly. Thank you again!!!

ramcharger I totally understand, my buddy that helped me build the Scamp recently bought an Opel GT that was already a chassis race car. It had a SB Cheby in it and a glide so that's what he's putting back in it, he plans to sell it but if he likes it he'll build a SB Mopar for it. That Cheby stuff is just dirt cheap. He bought aluminum heads for $700 assembled for the pair, forged pistons for $35 each and a flat tappet cam, roller rockers and billet timing set all for under $250. It's just sickening. It's kind of a catch 22 though, the Cheby junk is so cheap that many people don't bother building a Mopar even if they wanted too, you have to be pretty hard core to build a Mopar race car these days.

The bright side is that I can probably go faster with a 318 and stock block, and stock heads than a Cheby 350 will run with those aluminum heads.

I am pretty tired of those Chebys breaking and oiling down the track though, that's just annoying. :)

Guitar you're right,add shipping to that and people wander why I'm building a Dart.Then again there's no power like MOPOWER!

Just remember that all the aftermarket cranks sold today for all applications; Ford, GM and MOPAR are forged by the same manufacturer. Maybe there are a few different ones, but its the grinding/finishing that you are paying for. Some are quite nice and are drop in parts; some need to be polished, ground or even straightened.
I installed a MP 4.0" in my 360 and the machine shop asked who I got it from. I asked him why, he relied because it's very nicely finished with no extra work needed. Even the balance was near perfect.

Hope the same goes for their rods because that's what I have. What about the MP cranks ?

You bet, the k1 rod is also just fine.
MP cranks are scat I believe. I know the cast ones are, and both forged and cast are very good cranks.

Guitar your welcome just try to help out whenever or where i can.... its good to buy from mopar people that race there own parts and it helps the mopar guys along the way......

That's how I feel every time I look at an intake manifold, set of heads, etc. for a Mopar and see a similiar item for a GM for 40% less..... I understand the whole supply and demand thing but it sucks for the Mopar guys. I would think that the Callies crank would be a much, much better crank than anything else I've seen so far, but again, we have the main bearing sizing issue.

Agreed, and because I have no bias, my next engine after my r3 is built will be a chevy. The amount of awesome parts available for such great prices is tough to beat, and when the right parts are put together they are good stuff too. You can build a lot better sbc for the price compared to a mopar. Sad but true. All I want to do is go fast. I could care less about the brand.

My next new car will be a 5 liter mustang.

Ok you can all call me names now. I don't care.

Does BPE make a 3.7 stroke crank for smallblocks? That will be what I use for my r3.
I'm definitely firm on that.

Just remember that all the aftermarket cranks sold today for all applications; Ford, GM and MOPAR are forged by the same manufacturer. Maybe there are a few different ones, but its the grinding/finishing that you are paying for. Some are quite nice and are drop in parts; some need to be polished, ground or even straightened.
I installed a MP 4.0" in my 360 and the machine shop asked who I got it from. I asked him why, he relied because it's very nicely finished with no extra work needed. Even the balance was near perfect.

That's what Hughes Engines told me when they built my shortblock. At the time it was on sale for like 300 bucks, and because I'm only at 530 HP, they said it wasn't necessary to spend the 500 extra bucks on a forged unit...

-
Back