360 heads

-

67dodgedartconv

Reaction score
What are the threaded holes for below the exhaust ports on these LA 360 heads? Far as I can tell they don't go into the water jacket. I have 318 exhaust manifolds that leave these holes uncovered. Thanks for any info.

20170704_191428.jpg

ports for air pump....plug them....tap with 1/4 20 tap...put allen head bolt in them...

They might be plugged already. I don't see any exhaust marks around them??? Have you been running them the way they are??

treblig

Somebody might have plugged them already (they look plugged). Get a piece of wire and see if you can poke it through into the combustion chamber, if you can't then they are plugged. If you can then you'll need to plug them.

treblig

Somebody might have plugged them already (they look plugged). Get a piece of wire and see if you can poke it through into the combustion chamber, if you can't then they are plugged. If you can then you'll need to plug them.

treblig

They go into the exhast port not the combustion chamber. Plug them to stop the exhaust leak.

good, because tapping that cast iron is a *****. I zipped mine with a MIG, hit it with a slag hammer and ground it flat. That was after I broke my tap.....

ports for air pump....plug them....tap with 1/4 20 tap...put allen head bolt in them...
The holes in my '90 heads were already drilled 1/4". I had to use an "F" drill bit and tap them to 5/16".

Last edited:
-
Back