360 Hydraulic roller lifter dilema.

-

moparmanestock

Reaction score
Hi fellow Mopar heads!

I have been running my Demon with the 380/360 LA motor for about 4 years now. It is a roller block with flat tappet cam. Since our Phoenix summers are so hot, I figured it to be the time for upgrades. The previous setup is posted in the 11 second car posts.
The car ran strong in the 1/8 mile, but was slacking off by the 1000' marker. Brian at IMM did a really nice set of RHS/IMM iron heads for me with pushrod porting. Can't wait to try them out.
The cam is also changed. No more .508 FT, went to the Comp Big Mutha Thumper hydraulic roller .533/.519 with 243/257 at .050. Also got Hughes 1.6 roller rockers, so the theoretical lift will be .570/.555. Had to degree the cam to check piston to valve clearance so Brian could do the heads. The smaller combustion chamber brings my compression to 10.3 now.
Ordered the custom pushrods and ready to put engine together.
So now the issue, the roller bars hang up on the block on the center cylinders. I only checked at #1 during degree time, did not see this. The short block is together. What are
my options?
What hydraulic lifter will drop in without clearencing block?
Will the stock roller lifters work with this cam?
Your advice is most appreciated. I don't have much valve clearance with FT hyper pistons. I wanted to get as much cam as I could without changing pistons.

They are really nice. They drop in with zero mods and have pressurized rollers. Mike is a super guy.

HYDRAULIC ROLLER......... are not the MRL lifters solid roller?

hydraulic roller block can use OEM hydraulic rollers...

hydraulic roller block can use OEM hydraulic rollers...

I'm running Melling aftermarket roller lifters with my Comp XR-292 cam. Made 519 ft lbs on the dyno and the lifters cost me $100 on eBay.

-
Back