360 Motor Stock Pan HV Pump

-
The end seals will need a TON of permatex gasket sealer. I would NOT go this way. While you may be able to getaway with gluing 2 gaskets together, this is also something I would not do. IF it leaks, you now have to do a oil pan gasket again with the engine installed in the car? F^&*) THAT!

Rich, dent the (,,,G%^ D^%&*) F%^&(... ) pan already and keep the 20-30 bucks in your pocket and get'er done.

yeah..lol ding the pan.

next time...unless u have loose clearances in the bearings, use a standard oil pump.

hv pumps create more heat in the oil, u dont need that.

Im thinking the hv pump isnt really needed except for hi rpm racing where the motor see's lot's of rpm,s.

I am going to use a standard volume Melling in my crate motor freshen up.

I suppose it could be used in a stock motor app if there were an adequate supply of oil. Min 7 quart pan,easliy done with side bucket's and deepening the pan.Or buying a new pan.

I've never dinged a pan, nor had the issues of "draining the pan" when I used the HV pumps. Not that it matters when there is a fitment problem... Just ding the pan. If it ran well with the HV, I'd replace it with the HV unless everything bearing-clearance-wise was being checked. I also would not recommend a stock pump drive with an HV pump. Use the MP or similar with a tapered tip and pinned gear.

-
Back