360 mount prob

-

indie_cg

Reaction score
i just bought an older 360 to drop in my factory 6 cyl 74 duster. and im a little strapped for cash is there any way i can get by with using the 6 cyl frame mounts ? sorry im sure this is a super newbie question lol.

Your only choices are to buy the adapters or fab your own... I bought big block adapters for my 318 duster for like $150... that was a few years ago. You have to do something though, cuz the 360 and your current motor mounts wont even be close to lining up.

If you're new to A bodies instead of trying to modify what you've got, you'll probably be money ahead trying to find the right combination of stock parts. The deals are still out there if you look.
I found my last stock 73 spool mount type K frame on Craigs List for 50 bucks with the lower control arms and strut rods in beautiful shape. Even the strut rod bushings appeared to be nearly new. At that point all I needed were a set of stock replacement engine mounts to match the K and my 340 (same as 360).
Used only from 68 to 74, 340-360 exhaust manifolds for an A body are a little harder to come up with cheaply.

Google Shumacher kits or Engine Swaps,you best bet is to buy a kit and save yourself the headache.

Trans-dapt makes a kit for the 67-72 k frame /6 to 360 for about 60 bucks(summit), dont know about 73 up

It may be a super newbie type/like question, but it's a valid one. The search engine here can be a pain sometimes. You'll have to get used to it and wade through alot of posts sometimes if the key word is something common like "Edelbrock" or "Eddie".

Trans-dapt makes a kit for the 67-72 k frame /6 to 360 for about 60 bucks(summit), dont know about 73 up
The price is great on this kit, but sadly, theres nothing for the newer K frames.

Google Shumacher kits or Engine Swaps,you best bet is to buy a kit and save yourself the headache.

Best bang for the buck unless you can cut and weld like nqkjw said above! I used this kit on my /6 yo 318 swap on a '74 Duster. Excellent results.

thanks for all the help guys i believe im gonna try the cutting and welding method bec i just graduated from vocational school for welding lol. i should have asked before i bought the 360 but i got it and a brand new set of hooker super comp. headers for $125.00 !

-
Back