360 oil pan question

-

440BelII

Reaction score
Looking for some info about a oil pan that I found on Marketplace for sale. The seller doesn't seem to know much about it. It's listed as a small block oil pan that will fit a 318/340/360. I informed them that it doesn't fit all small blocks , 360 is by itself. He then sent me a photo of the box from it. It's an older Mr. Gasket deep sump pan, part number 2433. I googled that and came up empty. Just wondering if anyone can verify that this pan is for a 360, maybe through an old catalog or something. The pan is new and comes with a pickup and I would like to grab it if it's for a 360.

340 is definitely different than a 360 but at one time I thing someone Made a liner do you could run one. I may be mistaken because it’s something I would never do so I never researched it.

The difference is in the rear main seal
So, see if the seller wants to measure that section, and compare it to yours

Have him measure the diameter of the seal surfaces at both ends of the pan. If both ends are the same, it's a 273/318/340 pan. If the rear is smaller than the front, it's a 360 pan.
Since it's a deep sump pan, your biggest issue is going to be finding the proper deep pickup for it.

you don't even have to measure them. Just look at the pan. If the front and rear seal cutouts are about the same size visually, it's a 273/318/340 pan. If the rear seal cutout is visibly smaller than the front, it is a 360 pan.

360%20oil%20pan..jpg

318%20pan.jpg

-
Back