360 or 318 which would you rather have???

360 or 318,which would you rather modify??

Votes: 210 76.4%

Votes: 65 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Original question was......
360 or 318 which would you rather have???

Starting with a "stock" engine which would you rather modify for performance??

I didn't and still don't consider completely altering displacement as part of the option.
Then I look at the pole up top and see 2 displacements, not anything stroker. We all know the blocks can take a good stroke increase and decent HP levels. So you point is moot. As far as I'm concerned, mentioning a stroker is outside of the OE question. If it was to be included, it would have said 318, 340, 390, 400+?

Consider who the question is by as well. You should know better. LOL :toothy10:

really now. so what your saying is a slant 6 in a 3500lb car will get better milage then a 318/360 in the same car?

on the hyway, yes.
more cylinders to feed, don't care how much work is being done and with how lil throttle compared to this or that.

if the slant nets 25 mpg and the 360 20mph, well...it doesn't ake a genius to figure that out.

and skip the cars, lets pretend they are mounted to a radio flyer.:toothy10:

better yet, give them both a 2 gallon tank of fuel to sit and idle on till one runs out of gas.

on the hyway, yes.
more cylinders to feed, don't care how much work is being done and with how lil throttle compared to this or that.

if the slant nets 25 mpg and the 360 20mph, well...it doesn't ake a genius to figure that out.

and skip the cars, lets pretend they are mounted to a radio flyer.:toothy10:
wow! mopar guys take their cars out on the hiway! geez louis hell has frozen over LOL

Hummm, we went from V8's to /6's to RC air craft and then down to mopeds. Hummmmmm

(Ha ha ha ha ha)

Remember, 42 cubes is 42 cubes.

Which would you prefer to start with...

a 283 or a 327 ?
a 302 or a 351 ??
a 383 or a 426 ???

man 55-13 vote picking the 360. and i'm the one that gets called out by a jackass in another post because in my opinion i would start with a 360 over a 318 or 340 for a performance build...lol.

Remember, 42 cubes is 42 cubes.

Which would you prefer to start with...a 283 or a 327 ?

a 350...lmao

man 55-13 vote picking the 360. and i'm the one that gets called out by a jackass in another post because in my opinion i would start with a 360 over a 318 or 340 for a performance build...lol.
Ya, I kind of thought it would be a no-brainer in any post(except a restoration 340 project)

I'll take the 327, cause at least it'll out rev and live to tell about it.lol
Maybe we should start a GM small block forum.....should we do a poll?

who me? didn't notice.. but more aptley.. like I care LOL> :thebirdm:

no...stroked, ya goof:toothy10:

remember...I was only one going to bat w/u over yer gm car with sbm under the hood...

it's one thing to like a certain car, but you have yo have what counts under the hood..

but man those pesky gm ignition cylinders are a pain to get out sometimes...lol

AbodyJoe.... 283 + 42 = 325 so 327 is closer.

And I was using GM and Ford motors just as a reference.

really now. so what your saying is a slant 6 in a 3500lb car will get better milage then a 318/360 in the same car?

They did when all those cars were new. What's changed?

Just answer the question 318 or 360?? you want to discuss anything else start your own thread:angry7::angry7::angry7:

Would love to modify a 318 to the max, just out of curiousity to see what it can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back