360 or 383?

-
back in the day, a 360 was a last resort build. lol at least in the circle I ran.

383 has more power potential than any small block stroked or not. Bore size is the limiting factor to how much horsepower an engine can make. And a 383 is small compared to 400/440 but it's as big or bigger than the other guys big blocks. The weight difference isn't gona matter as much especially once you throw on some aluminum parts and headers.

back in the day, a 360 was a last resort build. lol at least in the circle I ran.

Your right back then i had 340's that kicked the "snot" out of 383's..now i'm getting it done with a lowly 360:D:D:D

Fish67, the advent of good pistons , changed this game. Both run closely, the abundance of 360 cores ,makes it an more economical decision for some.

1965 coronet 3500lb 4200 converter with 4.56 grears and 275/60 drag radial... Had too much gear though, it was on the rev limiter 50yarfs before the traps. Had a 6200 chip in msd

Just swap the tires out for 28's. 114 trap speed is 6200 RPM.

Fish67, the advent of good pistons , changed this game. Both run closely, the abundance of 360 cores ,makes it an more economical decision for some.

Ya I know, but the 383 is no stone like some think.

Ya I know, but the 383 is no stone like some think.

If you are going to go through the hassle, and it is a hassle and costly to build a big block and put it in an ABody. Go with a BIG BLOCK. 23 cubes to me isn't worth it.

In the words of Herb McCandless to me " take that 383 out back, dig and hole, and bury it" lol. He told me to go with and 408 before using the 383. Which I did and I love it

Smart man that Herb:D:D

Hey younggun did you swap intakes? I would've sworn your 383 was topped with an M1 before...?

Hey younggun did you swap intakes? I would've sworn your 383 was topped with an M1 before...?

yes i did. I wanted to see if it would pick up some down low. it did improve low and mid rpm power and in general feels more responsive and still screams up top.

yes i did. I wanted to see if it would pick up some down low. it did improve low and mid rpm power and in general feels more responsive and still screams up top.

Now drop a 1" HVH Super Sucker on it... Watch what happens

Now drop a 1" HVH Super Sucker on it... Watch what happens

got a part # ?

4 hole? or open?

You let me know which one you wanna try and I will do a real world track test next month. Im talking about driving to the strip, running a couple base line runs, then throw on the spacer and see what it does.

In theory weight and heat reduction.

I've used the solid aluminum one both times. You'll see 10-15hp and the same in torque on your manifold.

I'll trade you 906 heads for those 915 heads any day on a 383.... I have a set handy.

-
Back