360 Pistons

-
Most people have been AROUND CARS their whole lives.
Thanks!!! Some of us even the correct ones! I was 2 when this one was bought.. working on it with my, 7 year older, Brother when I was 9 or 10. Haven't stopped since...
beerestoration2019 555.JPG

You guys crack me up as it seems like you guys don't understand what you're reading so I'll say it again, I've been AROUND CARS For years and I've seen guy's take the engine out of their car and not knowing what they want to do with it and I'm not going to do that. Hopefully you understood it this time
I got you Dan.
But ya-know what else we see all the time; In goes the lo-rpm budget build and a lil time goes by and the budget engine stars to morph. So you might as well build amid-rpm rpm short block, in the first place, and just top it off the lo-po 5000 rpm top end, which can be swapped out at any time. If yur buying pistons anyway, the cost difference in the short, is just a fraction of the cost of the whole.
I've never been sorry with my 7000rpm short.
And you gotta admit, the KB107s are pretty light. Plus, with open chamber iron heads, every cc is gonna count. My KBs came in at .012 down. From .027 to .012 is a free 3cc, which is like 3% of the total volume.
Happy Selection Process.

You tell’em AJ! I’m with him in this. IMO, ether hyper slug above?the KB or Sealed Power) will be fine. Topped with your iron heads and an.050 head gasket, compression will be around 9.5-1 or less depending on several factors of course.

If the performance bug hits and you spring for heads, the ratio will rise (cc dependent) and allow for a bigger cam and more power.

what are you trying to do, negotiate the price of a car you're thinking of buying by informing the seller how much a new set of pistons is going to cost because you have to rebuild the bottom end?

you know what some guys do dan? they buy a car first, then they set out to working on it.

I thought everyone did that or they just bought a new car with a warranty.

Dan buy a car...:BangHead:
You don't seem to want to understand we are getting tired of answering your fantasy questions...
By the time you get a car (if it actually happens :rolleyes:) three quarters of the forum is going to have you on egnor because of all the "crying wolf"...
I been around many people who have "been around cars" all of their lives and still don't know crap about them... (Like the difference between different Pistons...)
Look we've all done the research we've all put out the money and we've all lost money doing it in most cases. We've made our sacrifices time wise and money wise and it's time you do the same like Mom would say crap or get off the pot...

Dan buy a car...:BangHead:
You don't seem to want to understand we are getting tired of answering your fantasy questions...
Fuckin-A!!!!!!
By the time you get a car (if it actually happens :rolleyes:)
LMAO!!!!
three quarters of the forum is going to have you on egnor because of all the "crying wolf"...
No doubt! All the best will probably not even bother with you.
I been around many people who have "been around cars" all of their lives and still don't know crap about them... (Like the difference between different Pistons...)
This is where I call B.S. on Dan. I knew the difference between pistons in Jr. high school. Years before I owned my first car.
Look we've all done the research we've all put out the money and we've all lost money doing it in most cases.
Yup! Such is the case in anything car related. It is what it is!
We've made our sacrifices time wise and money wise and it's time you do the same like Mom would say crap or get off the pot...
Freakin-A!!!!!!

I keep trying to tell myself this isn't a 12 year old playin us all. :poke:
Don't get me wrong I like dan the man... Seems like a really nice guy that needs to get a car LOL...
We know he has the money he lives in the most expensive house in Missouri...:poke:

Buy high quality parts and send the block off to a slow machine shop. Make sure to let us know where you're located so we can keep an eye out for the estate sale. :)

-
Back