360 small block 73 dart

-
I will give that a go. If the flex plate is fixed to its spot would it just move the converter forward or with the converter stay further back when pushed in all the way.

You should get two clunks when you install the torque converter to get it seated correctly. I bet you need that second clunk which will move the whole assembly forward a fraction of an inch and allow the bolts to clear.

Not sure if it helps but I have the same Magnum/904 combo and it does indeed work. Don’t give up.

Thank you that is good to hear. Thank you when you took off your dust cover did anything hit after that? I notice my crank pulley is little wobble to it. Would that affect anything. I got another guy asking me to check my crank play he thinks it could be my bearing for the crank.

I mentioned checking crankshaft thrust early on in this thread, but the suggestion was ignored I suppose.

I mentioned checking crankshaft thrust early on in this thread, but the suggestion was ignored I suppose.

Yes you did, and another guy has mentioned it. I forgot to check before I put the tranny back on so I was going to take it off again and check it. I am avoiding taking it back out of the car sense I just put all brand new fluids in it. That can get spendy.

Update on this I never did figure it out. Instead I found a great deal on a 4 speed duster so got a fly wheel from brewers. The motor is now in the duster with the 4 speed. The dart now has the 318 with the 904.

Just need to wire some things up correctly and it will start.

duster dart.JPG

duster dart1.JPG

duster dart2.JPG

-
Back