360 Truck Motor

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Guy I know has an 87 360 4 barrel rebuilder truck motor he's thinking of selling and he'd throw in a 360 car oil pan as well. Since it's a rebuilder, any guesses as to what it's worth? Any issues with those late 80s motors? It's already been pulled so easy to load up. I need another motor like a hole in the head as I've got 3 slants, 1 273, 1 318, 2 340s, and a 392 Hemi. I keep telling myself one can not have too many motors but am sure my wife sees it differently.

I bought an 86, 4 barrel truck engine for 300 bucks and it was rebuilt easy and cheep.I say grab it,likely has the smog heads on it to ,mine did.I heard mine running sounded good.But as soon as I pulled the cam well the bearrings started to flake.

Personally, I think that's too much especially for one you don't really need

The (joke) "interim" engine currently in my Dart runs pretty good. I bought a 77 Dodge Van and junked it out for 350 bucks!!!, and it got me a 360 with an Edelbrock Torker, Ed 600 carb, and a good working 727 trans. Both are now in the car and running with an Ed RPM, small cam "I had" and runs so good I may not rebuild the "rebuilder" I was gonna put in!! for awhile yet!!!!

Got a 360 straight out of a pick up from a junkyard. Every thing on the engine came with it. They pulled it and loaded it the back of my van. Total cost $150.00. Have had to get a car oil pan. Had a car oil pick up on hand.

I think it depends on your location. Around here, a good core would be 150-200 bucks.

Thanks for all the opinions. If I want it I can get it for $100 and he'll throw in the car oil pan.

360's running here go between $300-$600
Rebuild-able cores go from 1 - 2 hundred.
Blocks alone can be $50 to $100.

I'm trying now to find out what a JY Magnum 360 sell's for. With and without the computer.

-
Back