360 with 450hp

-
Hey I guess Ill get rid of my 440 and go for a small block The expence there is the cam,not to mention the J heads good luck Im for it if it'll work, good luck.

I know most of you will not believe this but I got 450hp-442tq out this combo 77 360, 30 over kb190 pistons, moly low tension rings, j-heads ported by me don't know what they flow,rpm intake,284-484-108 mopar cam installed straight up, springs that match cam spec 10 degree locks, ferria valves back cut 2.02-1.60, stock rockers and shafts, 5/16 push rods stock length, stock crank .10-.10, windage tray,valley tray, std oil pump, stock oil pan, stock mopar electronic ign. with no recurve orange box, tti stepped hedders,1" spacer holly 750dp with hp main body and quick fuel metering blocks. I had it dyno'ed at Line Performace by Lance Line have the sheets but no way of putting on the site but will try to. I am honestly saying this.

I think it's pretty safe to say, you can build some awesome power for not alot of money out of the 360. I don't know about dyno numbers, don't care either, but I have built a couple 360's just doing a little porting, and bumping up the compression, will awaken a sleeping giant in these motors, pound for pound it's hard to beat a 360, I mean boat anchor LOL!

I know most of you will not believe this but I got 450hp-442tq out this combo 77 360, 30 over kb190 pistons, moly low tension rings, j-heads ported by me don't know what they flow,rpm intake,284-484-108 mopar cam installed straight up, springs that match cam spec 10 degree locks, ferria valves back cut 2.02-1.60, stock rockers and shafts, 5/16 push rods stock length, stock crank .10-.10, windage tray,valley tray, std oil pump, stock oil pan, stock mopar electronic ign. with no recurve orange box, tti stepped hedders,1" spacer holly 750dp with hp main body and quick fuel metering blocks. I had it dyno'ed at Line Performace by Lance Line have the sheets but no way of putting on the site but will try to. I am honestly saying this.

No disbelief here, buckwheat. They will scream with the right parts thrown at um.

If the magazine uses Westech dynos they will always get the numbers they need... I agree 450hp with that MP .484 cam is way optimistic.
Stroker - yes, 260cfm "could" make 520hp. However, look at the parts you have. You're saying they flowed 260. At what lift? what do they flow at .200? The MAX lift on a .484 at the valve is closer to .465 and it only spends about 50° anywhere near that lift. The "bulk" of the flow area under the curve is between .150 and .300 of valve lift. Using the Edelbrock published numbers for the RPM head which peaks around 250cfm at .600 lift: if the heads flowed say, 188 @ .300 and 129 @ .200, the engine will only be able to make the power allowed by those lower flow rates, plus maybe a little for the "push" inertia and sonic ram afffects might provide above peak torque. I'd be expecting a result around 400hp for that cam and head combo, assuming a true 9.5:1 static, proper machining, balancing, and assembly. Any of which can vary drastically from engine to engine, builder to builder, etc. It's very easy to get numbers you want from a dyno or flow bench and Westech is well known for being exceedingly "happy". The proof of the pudding is when it's running down a track accelerating a given weight to a certain mile per hour over a measured distance.

If the magazine uses Westech dynos they will always get the numbers they need... I agree 450hp with that MP .484 cam is way optimistic.
Stroker - yes, 260cfm "could" make 520hp. However, look at the parts you have. You're saying they flowed 260. At what lift? what do they flow at .200? The MAX lift on a .484 at the valve is closer to .465 and it only spends about 50° anywhere near that lift. The "bulk" of the flow area under the curve is between .150 and .300 of valve lift. Using the Edelbrock published numbers for the RPM head which peaks around 250cfm at .600 lift: if the heads flowed say, 188 @ .300 and 129 @ .200, the engine will only be able to make the power allowed by those lower flow rates, plus maybe a little for the "push" inertia and sonic ram afffects might provide above peak torque. I'd be expecting a result around 400hp for that cam and head combo, assuming a true 9.5:1 static, proper machining, balancing, and assembly. Any of which can vary drastically from engine to engine, builder to builder, etc. It's very easy to get numbers you want from a dyno or flow bench and Westech is well known for being exceedingly "happy". The proof of the pudding is when it's running down a track accelerating a given weight to a certain mile per hour over a measured distance.

Moper has said it all.

I guess you meant this at "stroked340" rather than me because I never said anything about what heads flow. I don't know enough about it.

didn't the commando crate have this cam?they were what 360 hp? the484

It IS a good cam. And I dont mean to demean anybody. I have seen some fantastic results that exceed what the physics indicate they should. I tend to start from the point of something's odd rather than accepting published results. It's pessemistic but it works for me...lol. I even doubt my results when they are better than I think they should be.

It IS a good cam. And I dont mean to demean anybody. I have seen some fantastic results that exceed what the physics indicate they should. I tend to start from the point of something's odd rather than accepting published results. It's pessemistic but it works for me...lol. I even doubt my results when they are better than I think they should be.

What he said.

-
Back