383 In a 74 Duster

-

LonelyDuster

Reaction score
I have a 74 Duster with a 318. I have an opportunity to buy a complete 66 Coronet Station Wagon with a 383 in it. I would like to upgrade my Duster with a big block. Having said that, Is this gonna be a big hassle to transplant engine, trans and rear end from the Coronet into the Duster?

The rear wont fit but from "Engineswaps.com" they have agreat and easy kit that'll make this swap easy as pie. Go for it.

Do it, 383 Duster is ton's of fun!!

duster1.JPG

duster2.JPG

duster3.JPG

duster4.JPG

duster5.JPG

put a 360 in it...use your 904 you already have ...and out run the 383...

I said the same thing, don't get me wrong, I love the 360. But there is no power like a big-block!!

the motor and trans is an easy bolt in with the proper parts. headers are the expensive part and your biggest decision. there is nothing like a big block in an a-body.

Hey, take the whole car. You can use the rearend too. You'll have to move the spring seats, but it will work. Wagon rears usually had high numbered gears in them too. You can use the engine, trans, radiator, shorten the driveshaft, etc and still get decent money at the junkyard for whats left. Go for it.

my first big block duster was a 73!!! my grilfriend hated it !!! that car was F A S T !!!!! 383 w/supercomp headers carter tq and in rust free shape. factroy color "power blue". trust me you'll love the switch!!!!8)

-
Back