4.350" stroke ?

-

ateam

A motor can
Reaction score
Mopar Performance, sounds fishy(non cuda like). 340 mains, looks forged. Rods go "bump" on pan rails ?:angry7: ateam

I think it can be done, not cheaply.

I gotta wounder how long it would last, sure glad the factory didn't go using 4 inch plus strokes or like all the used motors might be junk by now, ha ha.

4.350 stroke? remember that is also stroked sideways too so your rod angle would be rather extreme unless you are running some long rods are are using pancakes as pistons. There is a break point on rod angle and rod ratio but if he built it and it runs 10's, good for him. R blocks aint cheap and neither are all the supporting hardware. A 440 (even a 451 nowadays) is relatively inexpensive to build with a stock block and 500HP is almost a bolt on recipe for these motors too. But if a big inch small block is what you want, this guy has done it in spades.

I can't imagine it working in a stock block very easy. Even if you did make it work longevity would be seriously compromised. R3 tall deck, sure. If your gonna spend that much you might as well do a big block IMO.

Mopar Performance, sounds fishy(non cuda like). 340 mains, looks forged. Rods go "bump" on pan rails ?:angry7: ateam

Are you referencing to a recent Craigslist ad around here?

It did sound wierd, but did you notice the last name of the ad poster? "Landy".

I can't imagine it working in a stock block very easy. Even if you did make it work longevity would be seriously compromised. R3 tall deck, sure. If your gonna spend that much you might as well do a big block IMO.
> Tall as in 9.56"? This be std. deck. (2) "short" decks at 9 and 9.2". "Bragging Rights" are kinda like quoting your winnings at gambling, at what cost to brag ? Regarding super-jumbo strokes, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. With a rod ratio at approx 1.42/1, makes for a lot of side loads on the walls. More torque=more wear. I don't think a 4.35" arm in a "last bore" 340 prod. block, a wise choice. Maybe in a symese with SG iron ? IMO and WC ? :glasses9:

Are you referencing to a recent Craigslist ad around here?

It did sound wierd, but did you notice the last name of the ad poster? "Landy".
Seems a shame to me, no one would fill those shoes. It's the same with my kids, it dies with me....boo hoo. ateam.:clock: also, Steve, large photo, your car, Willow springs ?

Seems a shame to me, no one would fill those shoes. It's the same with my kids, it dies with me....boo hoo. ateam.:clock: also, Steve, large photo, your car, Willow springs ?

Yes, my car at the Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow Springs. We do it every year on the Thursday before Spring Fling. One time we did it at Buttonwillow.

So is the crank you are talking about the one on Craigslist for sale?

Yes, my car at the Spring Fling Speed Festival at Willow Springs. We do it every year on the Thursday before Spring Fling. One time we did it at Buttonwillow.

So is the crank you are talking about the one on Craigslist for sale?
> Yup.Too much crank for my build. I plan to run my 67' notchback at Willow. I took Danny Mckeavers driving school there, in my 79' TR8/GT-1 car . I thought I was pretty good, until it served me some humble pie, lol. It was like stepping out of a bug and into a F-18. Hope to see you at the track. ateam:cheers:

> Yup.Too much crank for my build. I plan to run my 67' notchback at Willow. I took Danny Mckeavers driving school there, in my 79' TR8/GT-1 car . I thought I was pretty good, until it served me some humble pie, lol. It was like stepping out of a bug and into a F-18. Hope to see you at the track. ateam:cheers:

Have you been out to one of our Spring Fling Speed Festivals?

What is the build plan on your Barracuda?

Here's some pics of last years Speed Festival: http://www.protouringmopar.com/show...10-Mopar-Event-Track-Day-Driving-cruises-Show

Have you been out to one of our Spring Fling Speed Festivals?

What is the build plan on your Barracuda?

Here's some pics of last years Speed Festival: http://www.protouringmopar.com/show...10-Mopar-Event-Track-Day-Driving-cruises-Show
Likely build is 422"/340, A500, 8 3/4 w.4.30 sg, caltracks, subframe connectors(welded to 8 point/floor), front/rear anti roll bars, big disk(4), tube upper "A" arms with 2" dropped Willwood Mustang II spindles with 12.19" brake kit. 17" x 8"/10" Halibrand-like wheels. Not competetive on any level, just for kicks/ Thanks for asking, ateam.:cheers:

-
Back