4-count em 4 MC's

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Well today I dug out all my archived material to put my front suspension together and found a NAPA master cylinder I forgot I even had. This is after painting the wrong one and buying a new 67 disc/drum (NAPA) and detailing and painting that one. (seems kind of puny but correct for the car I guess) Then I dig out the new one I didn't know I had and after checking #'s I see it is a disc/drum unit for a 70/71 Plymouth/Dodge. The mount bolt pattern is the same and I am doing the disc/drum conversion on my 67 so I have to decide whether to paint/detail a third one or just let it go. No wonder it takes nearly a decade and the cost of a new hellcat to build a car.
Call me flummoxed (if you are being kind) DR#-o

Far left, original from car, 1st to right, unidentified-just grabbed off shelf and prepped it.
2nd to right, New NAPA 67 disc drum prepped & painted. 3rd to right, new treasure discovered today, NAPA 71 mopar disc/drum fresh out of box. (probably purchased 5 or 6 years ago) Wondering if I should use the new found treasure?
Still flummoxed-DR:banghead:

Attachments

• 4MC.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 247
I have used the one all the way on the right. Had great luck with it. What's really important, is the bore size. Forget the first one, that's for drums. The second one looks like it has a different mount. Hard to tell in that pic. The third one looks exactly like the one on my Dart, with 4 wheel drums. Try to find a part number, or measure the bore. Should be 15/16 for a manual pedal. I went to 75 up calipers on my B body, which have a larger bore, requiring a 1 1/32 M/C bore. The 15/16 didn't move enough volume. it all has to work together.

15/16" master is good for 4 piston Kelsey Hayes,1" for the larger 2 3/4" single piston callipers (manual)

The two on the right are for my car. The left of the two is per NAPA a 67 BC disc/drum MC. The far right part # translates to 71 mopar disc drum. I am thinking the far right one but it means another paint/clear job to get the match I want. Interesting though-My wife is having a field day with the whole 4 MC dealO:)

The third from the right with the taller reservoir is disc/drum for a Dodge truck. Just checked my 88 D350 Ram and it is the same.

Far right one looks right; the larger rear reservoir holds the extra fluid needed for the disc caliper pistons to move and take up slack as the pads wear. But you have to chekc the bore size as well said above. The the 2nd from the right looks to be for drum/drum; I put one on my '62 Dart for a dual MC upgrade.

-
Back