4 Sp Console Pictures

-

684mulas

Reaction score
Can any members post pictures of 4 speed consoles from the drivers side. I'm trying to figure things out. My cover is missing.

Maybe I can make something or maybe the available covers made for B-bodies can be modified to work. I would be interested in buying a used one in any conditon.

shiftermail.jpg

This is the best photo I have, not much help. Looks like you may have parts missing. toolmanmike

This is the best photo I have, not much help. Looks like you may have parts missing. toolmanmike

Is yours a 66? Mine is a 68. Your console doesn't appear to have any cut out in the side. Is there a difference between the early A's up to 66, the 67-69 A's and the 70 up A's 4 speed consoles?

Sorry I'm slow to respond. I think the console bodies are the same from 66 on up. Yes mine is a 66. It allmost looks like your shifter may be from a B-body.
Anyone else know? toolman

Sorry I'm slow to respond. I think the console bodies are the same from 66 on up. Yes mine is a 66. It allmost looks like your shifter may be from a B-body.
Anyone else know? toolman

He's got the right console and shifter (Hurst late 68 and 69 style) for 67-69 A-body. The 66 may have a different placement.

Are you sure that console was the original one in your 66 Dart?

Here's a series of pictures I took of an original 4spd console setup taken about out of a 69 Dart GT 3180-2v convertible with air conditioning. Cool 4spd/cnsl/vert/air car!! It's not my car, it's a fellow clubmembers.

PamDrt8_06Consolea.JPG

PamDrt8_060003a.JPG

PamDrt8_060018a.JPG

PamDrt8_060019a.JPG

PamDrt8_060020a.JPG

PamDrt8_060021a.JPG

As far as I know, mine is original to the car. I don't remember the double cutout though. I'll have to look when I get it out this spring.

I had to make mine from auto version. looks like only thing missing on yours is the carpet on the side. I got mine off ebay from vendor from NY. It is perfect. I have the inland shifter and have a hurst in the wings for a later install.

consule.jpg

One of the pics above jogged my memory. One of the places we would hang around after school was Three Rs trim shop. I think the car being redone was a 66, not sure. Anyway... That console shirt had a piece of board like door panel board glued to the carpet when removed too but it wasn't reused.
I want to say that was an automatic trans car too. My memory sux.
I do remember asking Alan ( classmate who worked with his dad there )
"what about this piece of board?" He said , " Nah , it dont need that "
I'l bet Legondary Interiors can confirm both automatic and manual console skirts had a stiffiner board glued inside from the factory in 66.

I had to make something similar a few while back. I used cardboard to get the basic shape, then I covered the cardboard with fiberglass resin. Sanded and shaped the piece to fit, covered it with carpet and there you go. I couldn't find one so I had to make my own.

Thanks for the responses. Autoxcuda, your buddys Dart sounds like a cool project. Your second picture is what I was looking for and shows the missing cover. Apparently its not reproduced. I guess I will keep looking or get creative.

Thanks again for the help. If anybody has one they are willing to part with, I would be interested.

I can't find better photos of mine toolman

I had to make mine from auto version. looks like only thing missing on yours is the carpet on the side. I got mine off ebay from vendor from NY. It is perfect. I have the inland shifter and have a hurst in the wings for a later install.

looks like a console added to a non console car. ????? toolman

I know that the part was being repoped a few years back, as I bought 2. I'll see if I can dig up the info on where I bought it. They are made of fiberglass.
pict0381t.jpg

pict0366q.jpg

-
Back