400block/a-body/4-speed...best header????

-

HemiDenny

HDK Suspension
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
74 a-body/ 400 block w/Schumaker mounts/factory floorshift manual car......tri-ys wont fit....apparently interfer w/clutch crosshaft.whats the good and bad of whats out there?

anyone using/recommend TTi 1 3/4" headers (they say they fit A bodies)

74 a-body/ 400 block w/Schumaker mounts/factory floorshift manual car......tri-ys wont fit....apparently interfer w/clutch crosshaft.whats the good and bad of whats out there?

whatca buildin Denny?

cant you just modify the z bar for the tri y to fit? i think the 1 3/4" tti need it modified too. i used those on my dart for many years with the auto, i pulled them off had them coated and now they are on my duster with the 400 6 speed and power steering. hydraulic clutch though. they fit, but super tight with the power steering.

Have you contacted Schumacher, I thought they had a modification for the Z bar so their headers could be used.

Would something like this work , they don't list a dart , but Cuda Challenger . Maybe someone here has tried them ?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HED-78076/?rtype=10
hed-78076_w.jpg

anybody use the TTi...
1 3/4" tube....or any of the other sizes?????

HemiMark....I'm helpin' my buddy Floyd (ibleedmoparts) w/ his 400 cu in/4-speed/a-body build......

Jerry6...never tried em,....look like shorty's for a street rod app....and our A-bodies are just too narrow...I think...anybody try yet?

You're probably right , thought it they fit the challenger , might fit the Dart but the Dart probably as an inch or 2 less clearance .

anybody use the TTi...
1 3/4" tube....or any of the other sizes?????

HemiMark....I'm helpin' my buddy Floyd (ibleedmoparts) w/ his 400 cu in/4-speed/a-body build......

I know Brother John was talking about a 400 in an a-body so I got a little excited thinking just maybe John was coming of the sidelines...... :read2:

if Bro John was building it...he wouldn't be askin' me...he would already be reading the dyno sheets

maybe I'd better call him.....

TTI's will not fit with a 400 and 4 speed.They will foul the z bar big time.You have to get rid of the z bar and use a hydraulic clutch.

-
Back