408 6pack setup

-
RGL408, my Duster has a similar combo. Cam is Mopar Purple 528 with OOB Eddies, Edelbrock STR 12 cross ram with 450dp hooleys, compression is unknown as I didn't build the engine, torque converter is 10" 3500, running 3.91 8 3/4 with 28" tyres.

Made 320rwhp at 5400 on the same Dyno, revlimet is set at 6000.
I know your tuner well and he knows his stuff, my limiting factory is the OOB heads, the cam and the cross ram. Did Marty show you my Duster run?

If it was me I'd get the Promax jet plates for the secondaries.

RGL! I have a 410 small block in my Valiant Charger! It made 355 RWHP on the dyno. It has only a baby 228/232 hydraulic roller cam in it but it easily spins to 6000rpm. It has done 11.7 @117mph and that was before I put bigger valves in the edelbrock head (2.05) That 355 hp was made with only 28 deg timming in it as I had not checked it before the dyno and we ran out of time. Just found out after I took it home then changed it to 34 deg and it felt like it really woke the motor up. I think 6 deg will make a significant gain in dyno numbers.By the way oit runs a tremec T600 5 speed box.

I wouldn't sixpack anything that I wanted peak performance from. Bottom line is buy a good 4 barrel intake matched to heads with a quality 750DP and tuning will be a breeze. I find sixpacks to be a factory gimmick. Power was so low back then they could have a shitty tune but no one cared be cause they had a "SIX PACK". I don't know of a single car owner looking for max performance running a sixpack setup. My $.02

I agree! Then again, the 6 pack being a dual plane isn't going to give a great peak performance vs. a single plane any better than another "dual plane" would. The performance sought with a dual plane is t a max effort set up ever and never will be. Not saying you can not have a great performing engine with a dual plane. Just a whole lot better street, street strip performer with a better torque curve for driving the street.

-
Back