408 Crankshaft

-
Most any forged is fine and they're all similar finish quality in the price points. Cast - Scat would be fine. Stay clear of Eagle cast.

Most any forged is fine and they're all similar finish quality in the price points. Cast - Scat would be fine. Stay clear of Eagle cast.

Thank you, I ordered a K1 technologies forged from summit. I appreciated the answer.

Answer, Eagle.
The cast is fine for general duties.
Nothing more.

The cast cranks should be just fine under 500hp. Driven, not raced.

I know I'm going to get comments like your lucky and change it now.
My Mopar 4" cast crank is still going strong after 5 years, hours of Dyno runs( well over 60 ). 1/4 mile runs close to 80 and I've not had a problem. Yes running close to 500hp.
Before and after every test on the Dyno and meet I drop the oil, change the filter and give it a check over.
This year I'm stepping up to well over 500hp so for safety and back pocket insurance I'm going forged.

I'm sorry it's BPE do a google search it will bring up BPE crankshafts very nice just did a4.125 crank and rods very nice

You must have a better search engine than my google.
Thanks for the link.

Thanks to all for the input. I went with a K-1 forged.

K-1 is a good crank, I had one in my 408. My 434 has a BPE 4.125" in it, my only complaint is the damper key way is 2.5° off.

Ran the Mopar cast 4" in my first 416 no issues with it..the Eagle rod that snapped different story:mad::mad::mad:

-
Back