408 stroker build ??

-
Pro comps are made in Australia .
I have a a set that are cnc'd and hand work with 2.05 I 1.625 e that I have not ran yet .
One of these years when I get the car together I will chime in on how they run .
I also have a set of edelbrocks ported by Laroy on my 340 and runs sweet !!
Still need to dial it in more .
I think any small block aluminum heads will do .
I'm curious about the victors ?
I see they are finally out .
pro comp are not made in oz but in china ,some are ok some are crap

Brian haven't picked cam yet was leaning to hyd roller

Have you selected a camshaft? My build it quite similar to yours, but a little heavier car. 408 Magnum block roller.

I am looking at this Lunati:
Retro-Fit Hydraulic Roller. Serious street/race cam. Needs 10.5:1 compression and 3200 RPM stall converter. Works with moderate nitrous and small superchargers. Healthy idle quality.

• Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 294/302
  • Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 243/251
  • Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .560/.565
  • LSA/ICL: 110/106
  • Valve Lash (Int/Exh): Hyd/Hyd
  • RPM Range: 2600-6600

500hp for the street? You must like spinning tires at will.

Nah, just set the car up right and run some Nitto's and you'll hook and book. I'm running a hydraulic rollered, EFI'd 408" Magnum 3.91's, a 2.76 to 1st gear ratio and just over 500 hp, and the car hooks up hard on 275-60/15 Nitto drag radials.

Don't quote me on what I said four months ago.LOL my mind has maybe change 7 times since then. And my underwear at least 3 LOL
Nah, just set the car up right and run some Nitto's and you'll hook and book. I'm running a hydraulic rollered, EFI'd 408" Magnum 3.91's, a 2.76 to 1st gear ratio and just over 500 hp, and the car hooks up hard on 275-60/15 Nitto drag radials.

pro comp are not made in oz but in china ,some are ok some are crap
No speed master is pro comp and they are cast in Australia .

Wether they are good or bad ?
I will soon find out ?

I'd bet there better than the Chinesse hands down if there Aussie made.

Brian haven't picked cam yet was leaning to hyd roller
The Indy TA heads work well with hyd. rollers, as well as the edelbrock magnum heads if you want aluminum....the TA heads can make it OOTB if you have a large enough cam...otherwise some port work is necessary. The magnum heads will require mild porting to get 500 with a normal size cam (236@ .050). I like the magnum heads because of the cheaper stud/guide plate arrangement but that's just me...they make good power per cfm of airflow too.

I have a 72 scamp street car, 3300lbs. Did a 360 magnum to 408 stroker with 10 1/2 to 1 and unported eddy rpm heads. Its a hydraulic roller with roller rockers and 750 cfm quick fuel carb. With 391 gears and a 3000 stall converter the car runs consistent 11.70's on pump gas with no ping at all on premium pump fuel and ran 11.10 the one time I tried my 125 shot of nitrous. Still very drive able too.
What pistons did you buy

-
Back