408cui + 904 = Kaboom?

-

Moparmal

Banned
Reaction score
Id like to know if a 904 trans with kevlar bands and steel planetaries will stand up to a 408 making around 440 HP.

I understand its the torque that breaks them - but can the 904 be made to cope with the est. torque output of around 480 ft/lbs without breaking the bank?

What mods are recommended ?

Yes it can, use also billet servo pistons, HD band apply strut, and at least a bolt in over running roller clutch. There are also better front pumps to use as well.

Talk to John at Cope racing he builds these things..

Theres nothing you can do about the converter snout though. It will break eventually.

Thanks for the advice -

Adam I'm running a Continental 3500 stall, will I have snout problems or are they stronger?

Built right the 904 will perform just fine thats what i ran behind my 520 h.p. 416 launching with the wheels up ,its now behind my 360 taking serious abuse every trip to the track and after 3 seasons of abuse holding up...

Built right the 904 will perform just fine thats what i ran behind my 520 h.p. 416 launching with the wheels up ,its now behind my 360 taking serious abuse every trip to the track and after 3 seasons of abuse holding up...
Holy Stroked!After pounding behind 520hp,then the switcheroo?Still going strong?That,s what I like to hear!A well built 904!

you will need to fix your neck with a sleave ,and machine your pump for a bigger bush ,then f m v b thats all i have.

-
Back