410 stroker/promaxx heads in his 3750 lbs truck.

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Jim, a guy I've known for over 30 years... .570 lift, RPM intake, 4.57 gears....

I would have to ask him again, but I believe it was a 9:to1 motor. 904 tranny

What does it run in the quarter ?
It launches pretty sweet !

What does it run in the quarter ?
It launches pretty sweet !
He got it to a 11.2's. That was last year, the engine is no longer in the truck. But almost 4k pounds and aerodynamic as a brick !!!

That's sweet !
My 410 for my dart is pretty similar .
I have speedmaster bare cnc heads that also had hand work 2.05 intake and 1.625 exhaust a 302/308 550/571 solid flat tappet cam.
My goal is 10's
The car is my 68 dart post.
It weighs 2800 if I remember correctly?
I can't remember if my gears are 4:10, or 4:30 ?
I have a 4200 Stahl.
Short block is on a stand, life is in the way.

That's sweet !
My 410 for my dart is pretty similar .
I have speedmaster bare cnc heads that also had hand work 2.05 intake and 1.625 exhaust a 302/308 550/571 solid flat tappet cam.
My goal is 10's
The car is my 68 dart post.
It weighs 2800 if I remember correctly?
I can't remember if my gears are 4:10, or 4:30 ?
I have a 4200 Stahl.
Short block is on a stand, life is in the way.
Your about a 1,000 lbs lighter, that's about a full second. I'd be pretty positive about your 10's !!

I think this shows the potential of how quickly a 3,000 pound A-body can go deep into the 10's with a Eddy RPM intake, promaxx headed, 9:to 1 motor.

I have an airgap rpm but I also have the new trick flow single plane.
Not sure which one to use ?
Maybe the trick flow ?

Maybe the trick flow ?
The nice thing is the intake is easy to swap! I'd try both!

Do you know which version of the ProMaxx head he's using and if they've been modified further? The 171 or the CNC'd 185 Shocker?

Do you know which version of the ProMaxx head he's using and if they've been modified further? The 171 or the CNC'd 185 Shocker?
shockers... not sure if additional work had been done

Maybe the trick flow ?
Cam and combo dependent! A lot depends on the weight of the vehicle, cam size, gear ratio and the goal of the vehicle. As demonstrated yet again, (the truck above) the ROM is a very capable intake. Other times members have posted here, the RPM seems really just fine to run low 11’s with a few guys getting into the high 10’s. I’m trying to keep in mind the vehicles I have seen and there basic combo and car. So far, it *seems to me* (which means “Observed.”) that the tipping area with a small block is with a cam around the 250 - 255@050 area & car weight over 3K, where the use of a single plane might, MIGHT! Be better.

An old member UOP is the first time this caught my attention where his (IIRC) 360 stuffed into an import Mitsu was running low 11’s and he swapped out a RPM for a M1 single plane.

If your ignoring power below 3/3500 & looking for a little more top end rpm, then the single plane is what your after.

That truck above is very cool. Thanks 318WR

-
Back