413 Big Block

-
...he also put a 413-426-440 crank in a 383 block for 426 cubes back in the early 80's his dad had a machine shop and the 383/426stroker set up ran like a raped ape in a 67 cuda..dont recall the details as of what piston etc he accomplished it with...

Yeah, I've been pondering doing this lately...not completely sold on it though. I know Fisher is doing that on his thread-bought a steel 440 crank and had it turned down and counterweights shaved for the 383 block.

Anyone care to answer this?

413 out .070" over to a 426? Yes it can be done, have one here in the shop. It's best to sonic check the block first, to make sure the cylinderwalls are thick enough.

Seemed like the OP was looking to maintain the 413's low compression, so it seems to me this would be the ONLY time a 413 might just be a good idea. Of course, as Jim pointed out fitment is your biggest hurdle here... and the fact the thing was stored outside under a tarp. If you could just throw it in and fire it up or even rering, bearings and hone, I think it might be a fine choice. But that's not the situation here.

Well, I got the 413. I am just putting in my garage, saving it for my next Power Wagon.

-
Back