42 re 5.7 hemi install duster ?

-
It is electronic controlled lockdown right I am trying figure out what to hunt for with out spend ton of money .

It is electronic controlled lockdown right I am trying figure out what to hunt for with out spend ton of money .

Link below shows install kit. Some tunnel modifications are required. Need a computer flash or a computer from a ram with manual transmission. Wire in a toggle switch for overdrive. Lockup will function on it's own

MENU  Home Catalog Contact Info

How are you figuring on controlling it? I doubt the original hemi ECM will as that is a different transmission. I believe you can convert them to full manual. I bought a transgo kit which I have not played with, for the 46RE

How are you figuring on controlling it? I doubt the original hemi ECM will as that is a different transmission. I believe you can convert them to full manual. I bought a transgo kit which I have not played with, for the 46RE

I don' know I'm trying figure a way get a trans and deal with no kick down linkage issue and not have to chop up my car floor board cause I'm not a very skilled welder afraid of warping it just looking for suggestions.

I don' know I'm trying figure a way get a trans and deal with no kick down linkage issue and not have to chop up my car floor board cause I'm not a very skilled welder afraid of warping it just looking for suggestions.

If you're not up for tunnel work... You need to go back to the 904 or 727. Or the 200r4. Link below

Auto Trans rec for my 5.7 EFI Swap

Thank you for the helpful link.

Wrap your trans with cardboard and tape in shape of trans. Slice it open, and peel off trans. Close it back up and use as mock up to see what needs to be trimmed in tunnel

mock up.JPG

mock up1.JPG

mock up2.JPG

mock up3.JPG

The kickdown is not the issue. This transmission is electronically controlled by the original PCM. Again, I don't think the hemi computer will control an 42/ 44/ 46 RE series. If you get the OLDER so called "RH" (means Hydraulic, not Electronic) all you need is some electrical to trigger the lockup and OD solenoids.

-
Back