426 stroker dropped in scamp

-
I asked a few simple questions, you could answer with a couple simple answers.
no secrets needed. lol

f10b9944fae143e7321d5c49c46d0fd2.jpg

Yes I did miss that, thanks Dwayne.

I will just wait for the video of the tachometer, that is stuck at 3000rpm, before the engine is started. Then again maybe the eddys are the Victor's and I will have to eat my words, but it sure would have been nice to see bore x stroke and a little bit of a rundown. J.Rob
You funny. No broken or stuck tach here. I'd post video of tach but there would probably be a calibration issue with it LMAO... Be serious here dude. I guess haters welcome too-

How much? Engine details please...

Look up the rules for SS/BM and you can see what they do.

Not many of them share their details, but I will say I’ve made horsepower at 8500 plus on 340 inches and it was damn near impossible with the heads I had.

So you are 88 inches bigger than I was (if you are actually 4.125 x 4.00 you are 428 inches, not 426) with much less cylinder head than I had and yet you are saying you are making power that high.

Adding that displacement didn’t do anything except hinder high RPM power output. And it doesn’t matter who the wizard is with the grinder in hand and the welder in the corner. That’s why there is always a development of cylinder head design.

So I will say ANY head with OE architecture won’t make power that high with that many inches. Not a chance in hell. If that was the case, there was no reason for the W5, W7 or higher. You could just weld and grind and win all the trophies.

I’m not hating anything, just pointing out some simple facts. It’s hard to outwork physics. No matter how smart and/or tricky one is.

How much? Engine details please...

I don't know yellow rose but the car in the video clip is not his because it is from Long Island, NY, owned by a guy named Richard Kay. I don't know him well at all but I've met him a few times, very unassuming and clearly knows how to make small blocks go fast in NHRA class racing. R3/W8 combo, if I remember what he told me last time I chatted with him I think might be under 400". The car has all the good stuff to run the number, obviously, it's very well sorted out. Not sure on the weight but most likely under 3,000 lbs.

Seems like people are getting totally confused about that video. I was just showing it for comparison's sake since 426ohyeah here is claiming he revs his junk to 8,000 RPM which we all know is a bunch of BS, especially with that "video" he put up with his buddy hanging out the window.

What I do know though is that the engine in the car in the video turns at least that. Don't need to see a tachometer, listen to the sound and then tell me what you think.

I'll say what everyone knows but has not said outright - no one is building an 8,000 rpm small block on their coffee table based on a stroker bottom end in a 59 degree lifter angle factory block with "street" heads, solid roller cam/tunnel ram or not. And even if it was somewhere close, nothing like that would live or be happy putting around on the street and lugging it to death with some random converter and home-brew driveline.

Sorry, that's just nonsense.

I don't know yellow rose but the car in the video clip is not his because it is from Long Island, NY, owned by a guy named Richard Kay. I don't know him well at all but I've met him a few times, very unassuming and clearly knows how to make small blocks go fast in NHRA class racing. R3/W8 combo, if I remember what he told me last time I chatted with him I think might be under 400". The car has all the good stuff to run the number, obviously, it's very well sorted out. Not sure on the weight but most likely under 3,000 lbs.

Seems like people are getting totally confused about that video. I was just showing it for comparison's sake since 426ohyeah here is claiming he revs his junk to 8,000 RPM which we all know is a bunch of BS, especially with that "video" he put up with his buddy hanging out the window.

What I do know though is that the engine in the car in the video turns at least that. Don't need to see a tachometer, listen to the sound and then tell me what you think.

I'll say what everyone knows but has not said outright - no one is building an 8,000 rpm small block on their coffee table based on a stroker bottom end in a 59 degree lifter angle factory block with "street" heads, solid roller cam/tunnel ram or not. And even if it was somewhere close, nothing like that would live or be happy putting around on the street and lugging it to death with some random converter and home-brew driveline.

Sorry, that's just nonsense.

If you knew the weight, you can figure the CID. You can also go by the class minimum weight and get pretty close to what his CID is. At least the maximum he can be. Maybe I’ll cipher out the math and post it in a bit.

The OP jumped to the conclusion that the car in the video was mine. I never had the capital for a even also ran SS entry. That takes bucks. Even building my own junk I couldn’t afford it.

My 2 cents was...I don’t remember what it was. But I wasn’t inferring it’s was my car. At least I hope not.

That's my son. Building car for him. Motor is 4.120 bore so it's 426. Think whatever. I'm not on here for this nonsense. Have a good one and when heartland park opens from covid crap I will post a new video. Take care and you'll see. I'll show you junk wise one... You are hilarious-

So you haven’t been on here a week and you’re pissy with guys calling you out?

Maybe you should check out. This place may not be for you. There is always Facebook. Or yellow bullet. You post something like what you did YB like you did here they will eat you alive.

There is NOTHING new under the sun. You ain’t the smartest guy on FABO. Not even in this thread. I can list some, in no particular order.

RAMM
PRH
Pittsburghracer
AndyF though he doesn’t post in this forum much
Crackedback
Replicar (that may not be quite right but it’s close and I’m HORRIBLE with names)
Mattax but he doesn’t post much here either, but he is a sharp cat
Mderoy340
Justinp61
Rumblefish360
RustyRatRod
Jpar
Phreakish
70aarcuda
I can’t think of the guys name but it’s like BMsomething and he has been very quick on some stuff most guys couldn’t get into the 12’s.

That’s a small sample of the guys hanging out here. Everyone has some experience in one area or another and puts their opinions and experiences out there for the benefit of all.

Maybe you should rethink your position.

Or not.

Edit:
lead69
fishmens67
B3422W5 (I can never remember this one...damn this is tough)

I’ll think of more but just the shear numbers already kinda shows who hangs out here. Damn, just thought of 3 more

Duane
gregcon
Jadaha...Dammit, that’s another tough one...I can’t spell it without seeing it...Jada something

Last edited:
Unless you are out there making box port glidden heads yourself I am in agreeance with YR. I have learned a lot about stock architecture head design and there are limits to everything my friend. We just were asking questions that you couldn't answer. It's okay to be wrong. No one knows everything or claims to here.

Listen, In case you couldn't figure it out, I'm busting balls. I have no real interest in any of what you do so lighten up, Francis.

Honestly, I can guarantee there would be way less skepticism coming your way if you responded in a straight manner. Are you making money racing on the street? If so, then why would you be putting any of this out there to begin with? If that's not the case then there's really nothing to hide so perhaps just try to provide a little more info and details to back up your claims. We'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong by facts and/or pictures of actual events.

Truth be told, I probably should not throw stones. I've had my Duster apart for 4-5 years and in storage for the last three and my '68 Coronet has been apart for two of the three years I've owned it. So anyone that has a running/driving car is in a better position than me.

But even so, I'm not claiming that my junk can do this or that when it seems clear yto anyone with half a brain (at least on the surface) that's a load of crap. In fact, when I built my 416", I posted the dyno sheets on another site so people could see it and try to help me figure out what could be improved. Some people that have commented here actually commented in that thread.

Frankly, it was somewhat disappointing since I was 100% sure it was going to make way more power than it did. Numbers don't lie, "stingy" dyno or not. It's a tool so I learned to not take it personally. Since then I've learned some things about what it takes for engines to make more power. None of that info would have registered anywhere with me had I not posted up my dyno sheet and allowed people who know more than me to comment on it and make suggestions, free of charge. Next time I will know what not to do and will be better off.

IMG_0040.JPG

The one thing about being honest or at least backing up your claims with real data or time slips is that no one can say "you posted this on the internet but it's all bullshit talk, you can't back it up".

My 416" made 500.2 hp and 495 lb ft of torque. I'll let everyone know what it runs if there is still a drag strip within 200 miles of me operating next year.

I’m a firm believer in “never say never”....... up to a point.

600hp 273-2 on 87 octane?
I’ll call BS on that.

The obscure race stuff?
Eh..... who knows.

Go to the track, make some runs, go across the scales...... put a go-pro in the car, etc.

I don’t see anything that would prohibit the OP’s motor from turning 8k.

The question is.......Is it making power up there?

I’m a firm believer in “never say never”....... up to a point.

600hp 273-2 on 87 octane?
I’ll call BS on that.

The obscure race stuff?
Eh..... who knows.

Go to the track, make some runs, go across the scales...... put a go-pro in the car, etc.

I don’t see anything that would prohibit the OP’s motor from turning 8k.

The question is.......Is it making power up there?

And there it is. Turning 8 grand isn't a problem, living and making power there is.

From what I've seen over the years most of these type engines make their peak power between 6400 and 7000 rpms. I'm in no way saying the OP's engine can't make the power, I'd just like to see where it made it at.

Looking forward to some good clear videos.

What’s with the constant overuse of the tiny popper teenager phrase or word “Hater?”, “Hating on ....”

Shut everyone up with a CLEAR tach video.
Then a few clear track runs.

my 426 got 520 hp 560 tq but there is more on the table with a decent intake as it us now it drops after 5600rpm air gap even ported does not flow enough . if i ever get to the tracki'll post vedeo and times . I don't want to run anything lower than high 11's as don't want to have to put in a roll cage
Can't wait to see what you will run 426 oyeah mine don't have no fancy lightweight racing crank and secret sauce , just molnar crank and rods , lucky if i spin ovet 7000

my 426 got 520 hp 560 tq but there is more on the table with a decent intake as it us now it drops after 5600rpm air gap even ported does not flow enough . if i ever get to the tracki'll post vedeo and times . I don't want to run anything lower than high 11's as don't want to have to put in a roll cage
Can't wait to see what you will run 426 oyeah mine don't have no fancy lightweight racing crank and secret sauce , just molnar crank and rods , lucky if i spin ovet 7000
That motor will wake up with a Victor 340 intake for sure!!:steering:

If you knew the weight, you can figure the CID. You can also go by the class minimum weight and get pretty close to what his CID is. At least the maximum he can be. Maybe I’ll cipher out the math and post it in a bit.

The OP jumped to the conclusion that the car in the video was mine. I never had the capital for a even also ran SS entry. That takes bucks. Even building my own junk I couldn’t afford it.

My 2 cents was...I don’t remember what it was. But I wasn’t inferring it’s was my car. At least I hope not.
i din't take it that you were saying it was your car , you sere just posting a car buzzing 8g at the track , thanks . people are getting real sensitive , time tosit back and relax

So you haven’t been on here a week and you’re pissy with guys calling you out?

Maybe you should check out. This place may not be for you. There is always Facebook. Or yellow bullet. You post something like what you did YB like you did here they will eat you alive.

There is NOTHING new under the sun. You ain’t the smartest guy on FABO. Not even in this thread. I can list some, in no particular order.

RAMM
PRH
Pittsburghracer
AndyF though he doesn’t post in this forum much
Crackedback
Replicar (that may not be quite right but it’s close and I’m HORRIBLE with names)
Mattax but he doesn’t post much here either, but he is a sharp cat
Mderoy340
Justinp61
Rumblefish360
RustyRatRod
Jpar
Phreakish
I can’t think of the guys name but it’s like BMsomething and he has been very quick on some stuff most guys couldn’t get into the 12’s.

That’s a small sample of the guys hanging out here. Everyone has some experience in one area or another and puts their opinions and experiences out there for the benefit of all.

Maybe you should rethink your position.

Or not.

Wow...you listed Jpar...and left me out....dam...sometimes i dont like you and now is one of them....lol

Ha ha. Do research. Guys getting 700 hp and then sum. Knowledge isn't always free. Why would I want someone having the bill to my builds? It's my edge over others. I'm unique. Don't want copycats. Some people I swear. Enjoy your site and good luck. Do your own research guys. Come on.....
we are on this site to help others an get good info , look we are never going to run each other so no harm , you want to brag and show off , there is facebook most here will show dyno sheets and time slips and or video to back up claims , don't get all hurt and bent out of shape , people are just having a hard time buying this . you can understand that if i were to tell you my 426was making 800hp buzzing 10,00 you'd kick my *** , rightly so

I figure...... rather the get my feathers all ruffled up over a few posts...... I’ll just wait and see how it unfolds and where it goes.

Frankly, I have no problem with the OP not wanting to share every detail of his combo.

-
Back