426 wedge build

-
Dyno video, only got one pass taped, my camera **** the bed. Its the first warmup pass, the pull starts about the 2.40 mark, but worth watching he blips it a few times, you get an idea on how it accelerates.

[ame=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y275/alcohloic/426dyno_zps0262a00d.mp4]
th_426dyno_zps0262a00d.jpg
[/ame]

Fish, great job. Impressive numbers, look at that torque!!

Holy jesus..... this 426 Wedge, that's a factory Mopar block with custom heads? (I'm not sure I understand the build here) You took a 426 Wedge, and got aftermarket heads and put on the block? And what all did you have done to the block it looked as tho you bored it out as well?

The HP and torque are impressive on pump gas!!!! DAMN!

Question, will you paint the motor as it were factory from Chrysler?

we took a factory 383 block from a 68 Roadrunner, bought a steel 440 crank. Machined the block to fit the crank,got an aftermarket rod and piston. Added Edelbrock aluminum heads.

The motor is not lazy, it accelerates and is very quick on the dyno,the small 210cc runner head creates velocity and good air speed. This is going to be a great little street engine with a 3400 stall and 3.73 gears in my Duster.

Nice build, good info you provided.
ONe question please...is the top of Edy RPM intake manifold/carb base gasket surface about even with the top of the "highest" distributor cap plug wire tower? I'm trying to figure out if I have room for 1 inch thick carb heat isolator and RPM intake on my 383 stroker build on an Ebody.
thanks.

Nice build, good info you provided.
ONe question please...is the top of Edy RPM intake manifold/carb base gasket surface about even with the top of the "highest" distributor cap plug wire tower? I'm trying to figure out if I have room for 1 inch thick carb heat isolator and RPM intake on my 383 stroker build on an Ebody.
thanks.

No its about 3/4 " shorter than the tower.

Gotta love fat mopar torque curves. Wont see THAT with any chevie...

No you dont. My 427 BBC with oval port heads, 11.25-1 compression .585 lift hyd roller with oval port aluminum heads, only made 513 peak tq. And 550 hp. I have a new found Faith in the Mopar big block after this build. I have less compression and cam and head CC and made killer tq from idle to shift point with this build over the Chevy build. The Mopar RPM perfomer head has a 210 CC runner while the oval Chevy is a 290 CC. The victor Jr Mopar head is a 280 CC. Glad i stayed on the small side, got way better results.

duh- didn't read page 5. thanks for the info! My build will be very similar, except with the Comp XE285HL cam and Stealths, rollers, and QuickFuel carb. Should have her together by end of February & will post data! ~Ben

I am pretty sure we are sitting .005 down in the bore for deck height. we are not even at 10.0-1 compression, more like 9.98-1

very cool!
I'm doing this to my numbers matching 383 out of my 69 super bee so I'll be using cast heads.

-
Back