426 wedge build

-
Yeah me too, nothing like torque. Was at the engine builders today, my stuff is moved to the front now. Will stop in later next week and see whats done.

Mmmmm, pretty parts :)

I know I might be opening a can of worms here, but have the heads been touched at all?

Stopped at the machine shop today. The mains on the 440 crank were turned down 0.125 to fit in the 383 block, and the throws are being cut 0.100 to clear the inside of the block. then everything will be balanced.

g7gu.jpg

tu4r.jpg

I`m doing a 383 stroker also but with Ross pistons took me forever to find someone that would cut the crank for me everyone wanted me to use eagle/scat cranks but my first one was a 440 crank and ported 906 heads and a Mopar 590 lift cam I shifted at 6800 and went threw the traps at 7000. It was a great motor you will love how quick the motor spools up its like a small block

Fisher, you're really making me want to buy some 440 innards and make my own...I thought about this even before I saw your thread, but dismissed it as too costly-if you don't mind my asking, how much do you currently have invested in the bottom end?

Eagle H beamRods-$500

Stock Steel 440 Crank- $125

Diamomnd pistons $700

Machining costs to be determined.

My engine builder was explaining to me today that this motor will have less Bearing speed now, and will accelerate like a small block. This is going to be a fun car.

Ross makes pistons for this app for like 500. Speed pro does too for under 400, but they sit so far in the hole it's pathetic. This is a cool build.

I am pretty sure this is going to be a 10.0-1 compression motor with the piston at 0 deck or 0.005 below

Was at machine shop this morning. All my parts can go down there, will be coming together soon. Block was decked .008 to make it straight. Everything was by the balancing machine, and block was getting the finish hone. So the short will be together sometimg next week.

I smell a royal bad *** coming on...just came in from the garage from sniffin motor parts...cant wait to get rolling on mine soon...way cool...suspense and this waiting is killin me for the results of this one....

Bruce From ABS competion. He has been my engine builder for the last 20 years. He has 3 record holding sportsman engines out there. One in comp, one is stock and one in Super stock. He races A E/A. 5lb/CI class.

Cool build! I don't look in the BB section a whole lot and just now saw this thread.

I too have thought about a 383 stroker for my 66 Vali. They seem to be plentiful where I live and are on Craiglist pretty cheap. Hmmmm

Stopped at machine shop today, the short block is together, balanced and bllueprinted. dropping the rest of the goodies off tomorrow should be on the dyno soon.

Sounds like you found a good one,Fisher.Can't wait to hear it.

Wow dropped off stuff at 11.00 am and by 4 pm they were calling for headers and waterpump. pushrods next week and we are on the dyno.

-
Back