chad72duster

Reaction score
this what the 440 will be ordered the parts today

440 over 30
speed pro forged pistons
stock rods resized and worked
stock steel crank turned 10-10
Ballanced
block decked for piston to be .019 in the hole, this puts mt compression at about 10.7 - 1 with 75 cc heads
stock cast 436 heads . oversized valves 2.14 in 1.81 ex hard seats and bronze guides, P&P and Bowl cleans up
Comp Cam mech cam 248 @ 50 525 lift 110 sep match set springs...
crane iron Duc adjustable rockers
RPM Performer intake match Ported
Bigs 950 carb
holey elec fuel pump and 1/2 fuel line
Milldon HV oil pump
Milldon 8 QT pan with 1/2" pick up
windage tray
MSD Billet dist with HI6 Box
Headers ????
cenetrforce flywheel and clutch
4 speed to 3:91 gears

Maybe not ready for Brett but a nice street runner and pretty close to pump gas safe.

Brett Figure out the carb for those specs and right now we are at about 5000 ft above see level. This conmbo should get me into the 12s here 11s most other places.

Thats more compression,more valve,more cam,more carband better intake than my current combo. I run an automatic with 4.30 gear and 29 inch slick.at 600 feet above sea level I have run 11.66. Ran 11.72 in 89 degree heat last week. I also have a 3/8 fuel line.
I think you might be surprised the first time you let it rip!

id put a single plane on it though...i have friends with VERY simular combos in B-bodies running the best of 11.7 and consistent 12.1-12.3

sounds like I might have a winner. the cam specs are good up to 4:31 gears. I need to get the parts in hand and get her together then we will see.
Thanks Guys.for all the help

sounds real close to my moms Cornet set up aside from a few things!great combo her 67 cornet ran 12.11 with 4.10 and a D60,so its a winner ya got there,and that was a B Body :afro:

come on craig your late. I just need to pull the 340 and transplant it into the dart. Once I get the fly wheel off the rotating assembly will be ballanced and then I am ready to assemble. Should be together by the end of august and ready to go in the duster.

Should run real strong. My 70 Cuda ran mid 12s with less then that. :wink:

I will get to work on the carb this week. It's probably real close to what you need now. Steve ran a big block in the 11.7's with it. Let me get the carb from Steve and put some thought into it.

cool, appreciate it Brett, i got to get the flywheel off the small block so I can get the rotating assembly ballanced then i can get ghe assembled.

Sounds like a winner Chad! The "Oh ****" factor should be real hi the first time you get on it. :lol: That drive train is going to have to be tough with all the torque that 440 will be feeding it.

Jack

it should be able to handle it. If not then I will get me an auto and a big stall and mtore gear, then I will need more motor I think this a never ending cycle.

Hope I am not to late. I think the 950 is way to big for that motor. Run a 825 or 850. I had a Rase Demon 1000 and it killed the motor with the same cam and specs. Cam is small and the heads are small. I dont care if they came with 900TQ or Six packs near 1000k. I think you will see more with a smaller carb. If you think I am wrong call BG.

thanks for the advice and you may have a point. I will go ahead and run the Bigs set up and later I will probly upgrade the heads to and indy set up and change out the cam.This is a cheap prelimanary build. The price on the carb is right and the right heads it will work.

-
Back