440 dyno vid and details

-

cold85

Reaction score
440 motor with eddy heads not victor Jr's. was mid 240' duration and 600 lift 10 to 1 compression. Going off the top of my heads so numbers on cam are close. Heads were ported
made 576hp on pump gas and superflow numbers would have been 605 hp
th_mopar2.jpg

th_mopar2.jpg

th_mopar2.jpg

Nice to see someone do a dyno run with the accessories bolted on. That alt belt looked a bit loose though LOL! Nice, rambling idle. I would imagine that it would be quite easy to cruise on the street.

What brand cam did you use? hydraulic or solid? Could you post the dyno sheet?

Thanks and nice build!

Sounds great! good results too. I'm not sure what you meant by the "Superflo results" thing tho. No dyno reads exactly the same, and all are only as valid as the guy doing the conversions. But, if your dyno says 576 (corrected or uncorrected? Steady state or sweep?) another brand who's weather readings and dyno room and resulting corrections are taken with the same instruments, should be the same. Maybe you meant it made 576 uncorrected, and "should" make over 600 corrected? ;)

Nice to see someone do a dyno run with the accessories bolted on. That alt belt looked a bit loose though LOL! Nice, rambling idle. I would imagine that it would be quite easy to cruise on the street.

What brand cam did you use? hydraulic or solid? Could you post the dyno sheet?

Thanks and nice build!
solid, I will have the engine guy email me a copy

Sounds great! good results too. I'm not sure what you meant by the "Superflo results" thing tho. No dyno reads exactly the same, and all are only as valid as the guy doing the conversions. But, if your dyno says 576 (corrected or uncorrected? Steady state or sweep?) another brand who's weather readings and dyno room and resulting corrections are taken with the same instruments, should be the same. Maybe you meant it made 576 uncorrected, and "should" make over 600 corrected? ;)
Most superflow dynos use a BS correction factor and we put that in the dyno just to see because alot of dynos go off that factor but it did make 576 corrected

Most superflow dynos use a BS correction factor and we put that in the dyno just to see because alot of dynos go off that factor but it did make 576 corrected

I think any correction factor is only as good as the operator..lol. And most dont take into account the dyno cell construction, air temp sensor placemetn, etc. "What ever gets the highest number" will make a customer happy..lol. Wont tell 'em much. But it keeps them happy.

-
Back