440 headers and Power steer

-

andy007007

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success with headers on a RB. I have a 75 duster with Schumacher spool mounts and a Borgeson PS box
I have heard that TTIs will fit with a bit of flattening
thanks in advance

Has anyone had any success with headers on a RB. I have a 75 duster with Schumacher spool mounts and a Borgeson PS box
I have heard that TTIs will fit with a bit of flattening
thanks in advance

Correct. 1 3/4" will. However the tubes get extremely close to the ports on the Box. But it's going to be a tight fit no matter which design you go with.....

Since Schumacher has a new owner that would be my first choice. And yes, I have went down this road you are inquiring about and not just someone who read about it on the internet....

JW

Image294701763.jpg

thanks for that I was hoping to try and find some 1 7/8 that I could massage in as I will be pushing 600+hp through them - I have been going backwards and forwards trying to design some headers - and keep getting frustrated at them - I thought If i could just mod something to make work it might allow me to get over this hump so I can make some progress in other areas

thanks for that I was hoping to try and find some 1 7/8 that I could massage in as I will be pushing 600+hp through them - I have been going backwards and forwards trying to design some headers - and keep getting frustrated at them - I thought If i could just mod something to make work it might allow me to get over this hump so I can make some progress in other areas
Parts pro headers will work. 2” dia. You do have to cut the fenderwells with them. Click on my avatar picture. I have a 383 with spool mounts and power steering.

Pro Parts fit great. didnt have to dent any tubes!
engineleft_zpsu2ncwjja.jpg

unfortunately I don't have the wheel clearance for fenderwells
Tire clearance is not a problem. Driver side front two tubes go through the fender, passenger side has one that goes through. I have 215/70 14” and they fit fine. I did have to move some brake lines and I made a heat shield for the master cylinder.

-
Back