440 motor mounts in a 74 dart

-

burks440

Reaction score
how much lower do i drill holes in my k frame motor mounts on my 74 dart spool mount for my engine to set level it sits just a little high in front

If you are using the Schumacher mounts from slant six to big block, the template isn’t right. I had to elongate the holes to get the motor to sit right.

The length of the mounts means nothing. The ears on the block are higher on a big block relative to the crank centerline. If you have them on a stock V8 spool k-member the engine is in the wrong location.

Last edited:
If everything fits well like it is and you're happy with it other than the engine not completely level, I'd say leave it alone. You could take the thru bolts out and lower it down a little to see if you need to drill some new holes in the saddles. As long as moving it down doesn't cause you a bunch of rework on your headers and driveshaft angle, it shouldn't take long. I linked the DC K frame instructions above in case you needed to back up and punt.

If it all fits you likely have a DC K-member already. The trans mount cannot fit properly on a stock small block k-member.

-
Back