440 Oil Pressure Connection(s)

-

Tacfire11

Strike Hard, Strike Deep
Reaction score
Hi Guys, just dropped the 440 in the 68 Dart, but trying to figure which Oil Port to connect the gauge to. I have two (different) size holes at the rear of the Engine (above the CAM Cavity. I had assumed there would have been a connection on the Pump (hmm, not the case it seems). Any ideas?

DSCN0595.jpg

Pick one , the factory normal connect point is the one that points toward the master cylinder , but it really doesn't matter which one you use as they both come from the same place .

Pick one , the factory normal connect point is the one that points toward the master cylinder , but it really doesn't matter which one you use as they both come from the same place .
I run my factory idiot light from the one on the drivers side (rear oil gallery) and use the one on the passenger side for a hidden oil pressure guage.....

Tacfire, if your new oil guage came with plastic tubing to hook it up please do not use it. Use copper or SS braided (the preferred) tubing and I'm like Brem, idiot light on one and tubed guage on the other.
That big lunger looks awful good sitting there, has she got any nice tricks inside her and how about some pictures of the rest of the car.

WOW, great tip hadn't even thought about hardening that oil line ;). Especially with all the pinching and sharp edges under the dash. Thanks, great tip ;).

-
Back