What's a KILLER 318 on the street to you, all throttle, pump gas, stock stroke...

• 13 seconds

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • 12 seconds

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • 11 seconds

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • 10 seconds

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
And on the whole car approach, let’s not overlook the “Light Makes Might” school of thought. I’m pretty sure a stock bottom end ‘69 318 with a cam, intake, four barrel, headers, and moderately decent heads could probably run sub ten second times in something like a serious street strip Morris Minor, Opel GT, Dodge Colt, etc. Might be more of a young man’s ride for long distances but more than one way around that fence.
..... :D :D

Last edited:
And on the whole car approach, let’s not overlook the “Light Makes Might” school of thought. I’m pretty sure a stock bottom end ‘69 318 with a cam, intake, four barrel, headers, and moderately decent heads could probably run sub ten second times in something like a serious street strip Morris Minor, Opel GT, Dodge Colt, etc. Might be more of a young man’s ride for long distances but more than one way around that fence.

Morris Minor? That's GHEY. How bout Colt or Arrow. Keep it MOPAR baby!

This thread is about what you think a "all throttle, street" Killer 318 is. His was on NOS, so that immediately makes his car irrelevant to this thread.
  • but as to his motor, he offered it to me for 4500 with W2 heads. It was a 318 w/3.31 stroke. Again, it's pointless in this thread.
Gotcha....carry on

But that would be considered before you called the engine "Killer". For instance, if a gutted early A weighed 2400 lbs, I wouldn't call a 12.9 pass "killer 318".
id want to see that bad azz 10 second pass at 2400, with brake lights threw the traps! at 3100 anything in the 11s or low 12s

3053 is curb weight on my 66 Dart. 3253+ with my carcass in there. I should jack up the drivers torsion bar a bit. LOL With 235 horse under the hood it figures to 13.91 @97. Now a 400 horse teen would put it in the 11.60 range. A 450 horse stroker, 11.20's not much to get into the 10's.

But see, now it's a weight reduction game to make the 318 go fast. Minor Morris, Plymouth Arrow..... Shoot, put it on a sling shot and drive it a block on the street, call it a street car and go 9's. Completely off what's considered a Killer 318 in a 3100 lbs street car on throttle and pump gas. But anyways.. LOL :D
streetability in the eye of the beer holder!! look what street outlaws call street cars lolol bunch of trailer queen pro mods!

Morris Minor? That's GHEY. How bout Colt or Arrow. Keep it MOPAR baby!
No argument there! And sorry for the derailment, but I’d like to have a Plymouth arrow car, for a small block swap. The last arrow I seen was a rebadged Mitsubishi 2wd pickup, beige with a factory black Plymouth arrow tape set. Someone did have their heart in the right place, though, and put a mild 360 and a torqueflite in it. From what I recall, it was a 12 second ride that stayed on the street a lot more than the strip.

No argument there! And sorry for the derailment, but I’d like to have a Plymouth arrow car, for a small block swap. The last arrow I seen was a rebadged Mitsubishi 2wd pickup, beige with a factory black Plymouth arrow tape set. Someone did have their heart in the right place, though, and put a mild 360 and a torqueflite in it. From what I recall, it was a 12 second ride that stayed on the street a lot more than the strip.
id rather have a pro mod colt!!!
upload_2020-11-30_21-34-42.jpeg

Another side note, I have a 1st Gen D50 which is the same truck as the Arrow. Also a 2nd Gen with a 318/904.

LOL... At least we are consistent!! Usually by page 3 of any thread it's officially derailed. Entertainment though is free, motor on! I want a Plymouth Arrow with a 440, pfffff on the 318! Ya'll can celebrate your 12 second arrows, I want a 8 second Arrow on the STreet!
:D :D

id rather have a pro mod colt!!! View attachment 1715640143
Seen that one or one like it run an exhibition pass at Bristol in the mid nineties, 500 inch dual Dominator Hemi and a powerglide. Stayed crossed up trying to get off the line and still ran in the low eights at one seventy something.

LOL... At least we are consistent!! Usually by page 3 of any thread it's officially derailed. Entertainment though is free, motor on! I want a Plymouth Arrow with a 440, pfffff on the 318! Ya'll can celebrate your 12 second arrows, I want a 8 second Arrow on the STreet!
:D :D
They scat with a 340 in them. Remember, don't overbuild. 440's in a heavy Dart or Duster can be a force to be reckoned with.

086.jpg

Seen that one or one like it run at Bristol in the mid nineties, 500 inch dual Dominator Hemi and a powerglide. Stayed crossed up trying to get off the line and still ran in the low eights at one seventy something.
Now that we are sidetracked a bit. The Colt had the original 4 cyl in this photo. The Arrow had a hemi headed 383 block eventually.

image0-2.jpg

image1-1.jpg

image11.jpg

image0-3.jpg

07DB471D-ED67-4AB6-AA4B-D5EAD762D4CF.jpeg

But see, now it's a weight reduction game to make the 318 go fast. But anyways.. LOL :D
Then it is irrelevant like nitrous.
To make any car go faster outside the engines power/power train, its suspension, then weight.
440 Dusters even get lightened. The car is light? So what! It just makes it easier to move no matter the engine. Why does the car have to be at or near full weight to judge the engine. Going fast is going fast.

If someone builds a full weight Duster and runs 12’s with it and then decides to remove 600lbs., then runs 11’s, so what!

I got my answer to the one sentence question I posted on post 1 .... LOL. 11-12 seconds. Thanks all :)

since your killing off power to wight ratio shouldnt matter what time it runs! whos got the 318 with the most bling???? or maybe the question should be what hp/tq would be for a "killer" 318!

-
Back