-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhetor

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Have a 1964 Dart GT convertible with the stock 2bbl on the stock 273.

Looking for a 4bbl off a 1965 . . . the only exact match for holes and height for the 64 Dart 273.

1965 was the only year a factory 4bbl was put on the 273 for Darts that the holes and height match exactly . . .

Other years, the holes don't match exactly or the height is a little too much and air cleaner winds up too tall.

Looking . . . :dontknow:

Billy, you should be looking for a 3853 s. AFB 273 4 barrel Valiant and Dart with manual transmission. I think I have one but will need to find it.

Billy, you should be looking for a 3853 s. AFB 273 4 barrel Valiant and Dart with manual transmission. I think I have one but will need to find it.

Nice if you could find it and . . . the 4bbl intake too! :) I know I am greedy . . . but need both.

Thanks for looking!

If you're not concerned about matching numbers, all those early AFB's will fit the manifold. The main difference is in the jetting. With today's fuels, that may need to be modified anyway.....
Mark

Have a 1964 Dart GT convertible with the stock 2bbl on the stock 273.

Looking for a 4bbl off a 1965 . . . the only exact match for holes and height for the 64 Dart 273.

1965 was the only year a factory 4bbl was put on the 273 for Darts that the holes and height match exactly . . .

Other years, the holes don't match exactly or the height is a little too much and air cleaner winds up too tall.

Looking . . . :dontknow:

I have exactly what you need X2.
1 - Carter AFB 4294S 1965-1967 273 HP (rebuilt) $ 200
1 - Carter AFB 4294S 1965-1967 273 HP (nice shape, buildable) $100
Send me a PM. Thanks -

If you're not concerned about matching numbers, all those early AFB's will fit the manifold. The main difference is in the jetting. With today's fuels, that may need to be modified anyway.....
Mark

Original jetting is fine with todays fuels. As a matter of fact they run better than all aftermarket in my experience on a close to stock 273 4 barrel engine. I'm still running mine.

4 speed manual stick . . . that makes a difference?

Do you have a pic and a part number?

Thanks,

Billy
The difference is the jetting but also the auto carb has a connection for the kick down linkage ( the pin sticking our with a ball that the linkage snaps onto) that is not on the manual carb.
Carter AFB 3853S is for manual and
Carter AFB 3854S is for the automatic.

Guys, correct me if I am wrong. Hope this helps!:cheers:

The difference is the jetting

Yes, but its negligible...will run just fine.

also the auto carb has a connection for the kick down linkage ( the pin sticking our with a ball that the linkage snaps onto) that is not on the manual carb.
Carter AFB 3853S is for manual and
Carter AFB 3854S is for the automatic.

Guys, correct me if I am wrong. Hope this helps!:cheers:

Yes, but, again, easy to swap.

A 4 speed carb will work just fine on an auto car, and vise-versa.

thought u were going aftermarket i offered a 3853s??????

Superdart . . . do you have the carb and a 4bbl intake?

Looking for both to put on the 64 Dart GT; rebuilding my 2bbl in the meantime.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back