5.7 Hemi In 71 Dart

-
Chrysler Mini Starters only - part no’s: R53005984, P5249644AB, 56027702AC, P5007860 or P4286522.

Chrysler Mini Starters only - part no’s: R53005984, P5249644AB, 56027702AC, P5007860 or P4286522.

The problem I have with the many starters I have tried is that they hit the block on the oil pan bolt bosses. Without having to grind a fair amount off the block I was wondering if you did any custom fitting of your starters.

The most recent one i tried was the Denzo starter from Mancini. Hits the block and I would still have to do header alterations to make it fit.

Hunting for a starter that works...

regards,

John

The problem I have with the many starters I have tried is that they hit the block on the oil pan bolt bosses. Without having to grind a fair amount off the block I was wondering if you did any custom fitting of your starters.

The most recent one i tried was the Denzo starter from Mancini. Hits the block and I would still have to do header alterations to make it fit.

Hunting for a starter that works...

regards,

John

I had to grind my block also. Ill take a pic tonight and post it tomorrow

resize steering.jpg

Thanks for the idea. I ground mine down, the two oil pan bosses, and the starter fits nicely now.. now I can attack the FAST injection system.

thanks,

Are you guys having trouble with the starters, with headers or are some of you having this trouble with the stock exhaust manifolds? Im going with stock exhaust manifolds and hoping i dont have any issues. Will i have any issues?

I just got mine up and driving yesterday!! I put a 5.7 from a 2003 Ram 1500 and used the engine, trans, computers and dash cluster from the truck. I also used the AlterKation front end. We still have a few sensor issues to tackle, but it drove. You can check out my progress here: 69 Cuda

your original k frame will survive. Use those mounts. Junkyard yer harness--better yet, get the harness, computer and the block out of a wrecked car or truck.. Crate route is super expensive. Good luck! Yer gonna love it and wonder why it took you so long to do it.

i used grand cherokee exhaust manifolds. Starter's not a prob. '72 Dart. Manifolds from the dealer are cheap and produce 345 HP. And they don't leak.

-
Back